New Website

Started by Sandcrawler, May 28, 2008, 09:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandcrawler

So I've been making progress on the new site, and though I would share a bit, right now it looks the same, but the final look will depend on what banners I get from people.

Anyways here is a link that will let you onto all the new pages, and mostly how they load right now.
http://sandcrawler.net/rcmod/test.php

I haven't had a chance to play with the random map thing on the home page, but I will. and there isn't much of anything in the download part yet.

But pretty much look around on it if you dont mind and post any bugs you see or find on it here. Also on the downloads page if I missed your name or somebody name let me know and I'll add it.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Sandcrawler

O and I've been playing with the forums some today, and have made two new BB codes to help.

The first is a Xfire one.
[Xfire](dssandcrawler)[/Xfire]

Will display just like what I have in my sig.

The other one is:
[tutorial=(1)](Unreal Editor Basics)[/tutorial]

So the first  varible is the page number, and the second is the nmae of it, or whatever you want to put in.

(The items inside these) are what you control.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Danny

1. ER isnt around anymore
2. Add TAG as a clan on clan list  :D
Image:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206 ... tag2-1.png

Sandcrawler

Ok so the clan link has been changed to point to the new Recruitment forums, This will allow for alot more interesting recruitment, vs the boring image and link we had before. There have been a few more minor changes, such as to the download section if you click on Sandcrawler you can see partly what it may look like. It may be changing to a diffrent image though. But the download section will use the forums more via link and SS.

Mapbot is hard at work reposting the older maps that don't have a topic.  :wink:

O and I'm leaving the contest page alone for now, but I know ER is no more.

Sh4rpSh00t3r

site runs really slow for me >_>

Sandcrawler

All of the site? including the forums, or just the website. I've been noticing that the forums for me at least has been quite slow.

Sh4rpSh00t3r

forums, it takes awhile to load and each page i open takes even longer

Sandcrawler

Is it better now Sharp? I think the server that my MySQL databases are on were bogged down, even though all I have running on mine are these forums.

I'm still working on the site, redoing the tutorial coding, the old ones anyways. But I got to thinking, I could add a help system pretty easy. Kinda like a ticket/Report system in MMO's. You would go here enter you Name, Email, and a Capacta(words/letter Confirmation Code) and that would report it. The exact way it would be handled is kinda in the air. I'll make a poll about it. and see if it is a wanted feature.

Sandcrawler

Actualy I changed my mind, unless we get an insane amount of yes votes in the poll I wont be adding this.

I need to concentrade on getting the site finished up first, then I can play with new things.

Sandcrawler

Ok the tutorials are done now. The only changes to them are some coding changes, and the image Navigation Bar. I'd like a few people to run through them to make sure they all go to the next page. If you find a bug let me know here.

Sandcrawler

I added a News thing to the main page, it gets the forum data and displays it.

I can change the number of topics to be more or less depending on what you guys thing will look the best.

Now I think I'm down to finishing the download page, and doing the new template for it.

Sandcrawler

Ok so I put the new design up on the test page, we will still vote on the banners, but right now I wont have time until X-mas. Now I think it pretty much comes down to the Download pages.

There are a few more colors I want to play with on the design then I'll put it onto one of the templates for the forums.

hunt ankou

when will the clan listings be ready :?:

:?:

bauer