8800 anyone? -.-

Started by DooFi, January 14, 2007, 11:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DooFi

RC and RC's UnrealED don't want to run on my new computer. I believe its the geforce8800gts, which causes Problems with other games (Splinter Cell DA -.-) as well. Did someone else experience the same problems with this graphics-card? I want this game to run, as I am planning a nice map -.-

oh btw.. Unrealeditor from UT2k4 works just fine oO

edit: i'm now downloading the latest nvidia patch (97.92)

DooFi

bumpz0r
 :(

Sandcrawler

Did the driver update fix it? My 5200 was having problums with windows and the mouse was messing up, I updeated the drivers and it fixed it.

I have never heard of a graphics card not plaything a game that it ahs more then the required amount. =
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

DooFi

Quote from: "Sandcrawler"I have never heard of a graphics card not plaything a game that it ahs more then the required amount. =
well the 8800 series does not :( It's probably because it supports DirectX 10, or whatever, but it's pretty bad if you pay 500 €uros for a graphics Card and it doesnt work -.-

No, the driver update didn't work for some reason. I guess RC needs a patch, but i doubt LA will make one^^

Hybrid_Soldier196

Quotei doubt LA will make one
Not cool...not cool.

explode

Hmm, my bro has a 7900 gts notebook card and RC runs fine on his new computer...Lol dofii, you might just want to return the card and,uh, downgrade...
I sorry to hear that some games don't play though....

Squad_Sammaron

um... couldn't the card be defective? just a wild outa the blue guess, but...
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

Sandcrawler

I was reading on the LA tech forums, and somebody has posted about it and somebody else replied that Nvidia claims that it is there fault for it not running, and may fix it in the future...So I guess you wait lol.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

arramus

I'm looking at an RC 8800 thread in Nvidia forums. It's a big issue out thereat the moment.
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=28387

DooFi

hmm, so I'm not the onlyone at least^^ Seems I should register there. I doubt Nvidia would release a new patch because of some little group of RC players, though :/
Also, since other games running on the UEngine work fine, I guess it's not only a problem with nvidia, but the programmers missed something as well. Who saw that coming? A new generation of graphics cards with a new architecture and a new DirectX?! :roll: