Hello everyone.

Started by JPC, October 20, 2008, 01:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPC

I recently updated the Star Wars: Republic Commando section at FpsBanana, the information on it was completely left unfinished, I decided to take action and fill in the pieces (http://www.fpsbanana.com/games/2192).  Now there's only one thing left to resolve here, the banner for Star Wars: Republic Commando, I have tried continuously to make a suitable banner for SWRC, and have failed.  If you would like to help us out here, I'd appreciate it very much. Here's what the requirements are for the banner,
Banner
A graphic that will appear in the header (alongside the icon) of every page related to the game. Note: Please keep the type aligned to the left, and crop any transparent regions out.
The allowed Banner formats are gif, png, jpg, jpeg, bmp
The Banner dimensions allowed are 100x40 to 250x40 pixels
The maximum allowed Banner size is 50 kb

Also if anyone would like to make a banner for the Sandcrawler mod, go for it.  These mods should get the recognition all mods should.

JPC

Well, apparently this fell upon deaf ears, my apologies.

Dark Lord

the forums arent very populated anymore, so you may have trouble getting people to volunteer. the only reason i never said anything is that i dont feel i could make a very suitable banner either, i would try to help out if i could tho
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

RC-1266

same for me.
i check the fora almost every week multiple times but i dont feel like making new topics, just checking if someone's posted something new, and look if i could help.
IF i would make a banner it would look like the sort of cartoonesque style you see in my sig now, and i dont think thats what you are looking for.

JPC

Well I'm glad someone responded, I became a supervisor of the SWRC Section, because I didn't want it to be nothing but a blank page, this game was great, it deserved full coverage, the media, skins, re-textures etc.  I researched the modding community, found this, I figured this mod could be recognized, and get the exposure it deserves. I've seen several games that have been skinned, re-modded and then you have these high topic games, that don't have anything done to them, for example Halo 2, surely there could of been mods telling a side story, or a machinima.  Well hopefully, someone has that spark.

Sandcrawler

The problum with RC is they didn't make it easy to mod for, or easy to get the mod maps. I mean we have at least 100 maps, I have 105 files for them anyways. But how often are they played?...next to never. Maybe multiplayer is worse off now then it had been, but last time I played there were as many servers as there were on launch day.

Ah well, this site will stay up as long as I have hosting...and that will more then likely be until the world ends. =P There is a new website for it as well, and I think I'm call it good and open it to public use on tuesday, but the download section wont be finished, I'm still sorting the maps, and linking to them.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

JPC

Well I'm glad you found a way. Also if you want some more press, release the maps on fpsbanana, get some in-game screen shots of the maps/arena's, this would be so beneficial to the game and the section, also your site, it'd probably give a little popularity of this game a great boost.

Sandcrawler

I was thinking about trying something again. a Map Pack of 4+ high quality multiplayer maps. But does anyone want to start this little project with me?
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

JPC

I'd like to say congratulations, I with the help of a friend remedied the situation at Fpsbanana.  If you want take a look, I used your Mod images located on the main page SandCrawler, I hope you like it, and I hope you don't mind.  It finally has a banner and a Logo. http://www.fpsbanana.com/games/2715

RC-1266

aAaAaAaAargh my eyes  :shock:
no, it looks good  :D

JPC

And SandCrawler that sounds like a great idea.