Open Office

Started by RC-1266, January 21, 2009, 07:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RC-1266

Yay currently I am working on a new map, named dm_openoffice
Right now I am experimenting a bit with karma props. Progress can be seen here:
http://www.xfire.com/video/64df0/

I made the karma props en normal props visible for clients (by setting the bClient-stuff in Hidden to True), but the transistion effects can't be seen by clients, which is quite a problem. Switching the role to ROLE_SimulatedProxy only makes them undestroyable.

Also I need some help with the doors: about 50% rotates via the wrong direction.

More of my comments about this map can be read at the xfire video page.

Sandcrawler

Hey on the doors you need to redo the mover stuff when you do them, you said you just copy and pasted them all and thats the problum I think. The movers still want to open to the one side no matter if you rotate them.

So try that and let me know if that helps.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

RC-1266

well that could be it indeed. i copied the movers but i re-did the keypoints, but the rotation-direction could be saved into the mover itself (i hope you understand what i mean :mrgreen: )

ill try that then.

RC-1266

ah yes it works indeed now, so thanks for the hint Sandcrawler  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

i still have the issue of the invisibility of the props effects.  :|

also i wonder if it's possible to make karma props glide/slide over the floor when a player bumps them with his body.   :?

anyway this will take a lot of time before it's finished, which is because I don't want to rush things over, and have a good, working map.  ;)

also i'd like to hear some suggestions, although i might not use them.

andyt

I am new at this i mean very new how can i have normal clone amor

RC-1266

Quote from: "andyt"I am new at this i mean very new how can i have normal clone amor
wrong topic. this one is to discuss the map project i'm working on  :?

JPC

This looks badass, I hope you succeed on this map.  Also, it'd make a great submission to fpsbanana, give this map some advertising of some sort.

RC-1266

yo i will. i was planning already on posting it on all big clansites after it was finished, so more people would get it than they usually would.

by the way, i posted an update vid (with sound!)
http://www.xfire.com/video/6d5b8/

JPC

SandViper

Very Nice Map. My only suggestion is a bathroom. Every office has a bathroom. But the map would still be great without one! :P

Can't wait to play it.

RC-1266

yeah i've been thinking of making toilets with triggers so the seats go up and down XD

DS HP

yeah most people ask me if I can send it allready, I really hope its done soon ;)

en Marcel je kunt ook altijd 2 versies maken: een kleinere en een wat grotere zegma

1eS_Shit_SpiriT

Nice map.
I'm looking forward to this project (If you didn't give it up - hopefully not!)

RC-1266

nope, i'm planning on finishing it this summer.

1eS_Shit_SpiriT

Sounds good.
Thanks for the reply  ;)