Previous topic - Next topic

DooFi

Still sounds rather utopian to me ;)
We should rather all write to LA and ask them to make RC2 at last. With U3^^
*cough* I'm obtainable as freelance mapper *cough* lmao xD
:mrgreen:

VodeAn

ok
Well I'm actually serious, so 10% or sponcers it is! me being project lead will make sure the 10% from LA would be fairly distrubited and that this game kicks @$$  <if I can't say that tell me

DooFi

then quit talking about it and pull it off instead, huh? :lol:

Squad_Sammaron

ok folks, i was gunna make a game myself, completely new (i.e. old timey, swords, magic ect.) is it illegal if i only use it for me? i mean like only i play it? o and also, im workin on re-invinting some weapons so id be glad to help with coding, but im really new to it, BUT its not really all that hard. i just got some rough edges.
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

DooFi

if you make everything yourself (engine, texes, models, animations, code, sounds) its completely legal of course. If you use the U-Engine you may distribute it freely as a Mod, but not with the engine.

and im sure you will find out soo, that it actually is hard^^

Squad_Sammaron

hehe! actaully MAYBE i havent started yet. :D im no dumbby. i know its imposible atm BUT i can get a head start by codin weapons n stuff. ne way, the tex's can completely reek badness for now, i dont care. i just wanna start off, you know, 'sorcerer, kill this gobbie...' GAME OVER' ya know?

VodeAn

join us, ve have a legal plan a few legal backup planes (sponcers...) and if all else fails its free so we will make a totally new game, i'v got some levels done, jst submit stuff 2 file front, or here, like scrips, weapons, audio texture(in .utx having import problems)... ect

VodeAn

a friend of mine will "blender" the cutscenes

VodeAn

ok, u guys could catch LA's attention while I continue working on teh game I have a lot of work 2 do, I already got ppl doing teh voices.

Squad_Sammaron

vode, who you askin to join? if me, what should i make, maps weapons?! BRIEF ME HERE!

VodeAn

GENERIC briefing:
1. no maps/scripts ovr the internet ill make + put together, will be reviled @ a later date.
2. new weapons needed.
3. I want u to mod rc2. yes you!
4. new textures needed(in .utx or w/e).
5. staticmeshes ALWAYS welcome.
6. the maps will have some "surprises"
7. get characters to jump higher w/o a physics volume.
8. change squad names on hud, like the names that float above their head.
9. new huds, not helmets, the helmet's hud
more later, thx

Squad_Sammaron

ok pm me on the weapons and stuff. ill send you a good site you so u can learn coding and help me out in one day, k?

explode

Quote from: "VodeAn"GENERIC briefing:
1. no maps/scripts ovr the internet ill make + put together, will be reviled @ a later date.
2. new weapons needed.
3. I want u to mod rc2. yes you!
4. new textures needed(in .utx or w/e).
5. staticmeshes ALWAYS welcome.
6. the maps will have some "surprises"
7. get characters to jump higher w/o a physics volume.
8. change squad names on hud, like the names that float above their head.
9. new huds, not helmets, the helmet's hud
more later, thx

Holy crap, If you are going to 'make a game' then first, learn proper engilsh, and I do believe (not bleave) I have posted an example like this before:
So The awsome Sandy :D  has made a map.
He wants constructive and well written criticism...

WRONG

liek omfg this is totuly like ur besterest map in the whole wide world i was gunna mak a map liek this w/ a baloon that could infl8 so you could git to u platform and it would be cool 2 thanks i gatta go byer!!!!1!!!!!!1111!!!
ps it wud hav a turrent 2
RIGHT

Nice map Sandy, I was thinking of making a map like this one, only you could step on a trigger and movers would make it look like a balloon was inflating.  I like how yours uses a SM, an effect, a physics volume, and a trigger to make it look like you are shooting from a cannon.  Mine also would have had a turret, but I found out that they don't work in MP so I scraped it.

Also dude, we arent't getting GL's attention, you are in your own little misspelled world!  You haven't even released a mod or map to see how people like it!  I like your idea, but have you actually read our posts?  Unless you have millions of dollars to waste, than you ARE NOT making a game....

I'm sorry for the harsh talk, but you need to 'formal up' if you want to be accepted into the proffesional community.  If you do not speak english as a native language, than don't worry about it, just tell me.  

Thank you for reading the entire post!

Squad_Sammaron

:D Yea, umm... about that, can I please talk in a not so correct way?
P.S. Look! I used capitals and everything! Check out that elipses! Just look at that comma!
lol just kidding. All right, I'll try and use better english. Okay, back on subject.