host a server

Started by Holz, January 10, 2009, 07:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Hello all,

i've a question, why can't i host a server? well i can create one but nobody can join it, and the server doesn't appear on the server list..
I've heard that is relationated with ur router and wireless...
Can someboy help and tell me how can i host my own server??

RC-1266

i don't know why you can't host, but many people have that issue.

i don't think it's related to wireless and router however, because wireless is just the type of connection, and you need a router (which is sort of a hardware thingy you have to connect to your modem if i'm right) to establish an internet connection.

i think the chance is bigger it's a firewall issue, so give RC all possible permissions, because you host a server on your computer and it might be blocked by the firewall.

Holz

well i've check my windows firewall and STRC is an exception of the firewall, i mean that the firewall let STRC to conect internet like programs like msn or xfire..
should i desactivate ALL WINDOWS FIREWALL?

RC-1266

that doesnt sound like a good idea to me either.
at least i always have my firewall activated when playing RC, and I am able to host.
and it's like I said before, you are not the only one having this issue; i heard from more people.

Holz

well does ANYBODY know why can i host it??

JPC

Question are you using a network?

RC-1266

an xfire vid i found on this problem
(english tutorial starts at 2:17)
http://www.xfire.com/video/4c087/

Sandcrawler

For me at least the problum is in the modem for the DSL that I have. You need to unlock a certain port, and then it will let you. but my modem is stupid or restricted and won't save the settings. I don't remmeber the ports anymore though.

I couldn't watch the video either because I don't have flash installed. I'm rebeling against the websites that use all flash or flash for the navigation. =)
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Dark Clone Volo

u need to open these ports ( i prefer ) in TCP & UDP ( For Sure )

7777       --> port hosting rc
7787       -->  port sound
11138     --> port traffic
27900    -->  to see u're server on the rc browser
28902    -->  to see u're server on the rc browser
8081     -->   port hosting
29111   --> to see u're server on the rc browser
7778     --> IDK but u need it  :mrgreen:
<i>ID --> Xfire  = v0l0  --> Msn = http://darkclone.servegame.org/