Repelling

Started by onyxhawk, May 25, 2012, 12:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onyxhawk

How do i set everything up to get the clones to repel from a gunship i have tried a bunch of different things but cant get the pawn to do the animation for it.

Tycon

Well. First things first. You've placed this request in the wrong subforum. But we'll let that slide. As for your question, I recommend looking at the storyline maps and see how they do it. It involves an AnimProp and a ScriptedTrigger.

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D

onyxhawk

yeah i figured it out now the question is how to get the player to repel. I have looked at what they did but it didnt seem to work i mean has anybody here gotten the player commando to repel?

frazscotland

Ah the player cant rapell its just an sp animation ...
But   TAG PHOBOS has made a tether script file which allows mappers to place rope in a map for MP and players can climb up and down !!!!
Awesome, 8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

onyxhawk

so you know how to set up this sp animation like you know how in the game you repel out of the gunship or off a cliff i was wondering how to do that. cause you know its pretty lame to see you're buddy s repelling out of the gunship and you like have to jump.

frazscotland

u cant rapell really in sp its an illusion, If you download the jb mappak it has a rapelling TETHER .u included which allows you to place ropes in an MP map and climb up or down them.and also a JUMP.u which allows you to place jump pads and do super bounces like sonic !!
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

kram

Well, i think he means how it is done in the campaigns. All it is is an animation, just like with the other clones, except player on "player". I think.

Quote from: onyxhawk on May 29, 2012, 05:11:49 PM
yeah i figured it out now the question is how to get the player to repel. I have looked at what they did but it didnt seem to work i mean has anybody here gotten the player commando to repel?
I have. See above. If you want i could get a more detailed explanation.

frazscotland

ah ok wel i can tell you where to look
if u open up unreal ed the actorclassbrowser untik placeableclasses box and goto 
INFO  GAMEINFO  CTGAMEINFO   CTGAMEINFOSP   open properties and in CUSTOMANIMS
there is listed the animations . Ie in there u can ADD !!
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

onyxhawk

so what should i add in there it would be good if you could be specific like what animation and how i can set it up like in the campaign.

kram

You have to use a scripted trigger, set up like this:

The delay between the Briefing and PropAnim is important. It doesnt have to be at 3.

To animate the rope is the same as with other pawns.

There are 2 heights that you can rappel from. 1760 and 600. It is a good idea to make the platform you rappel from as close as you can get to one of these, off the ground.

onyxhawk

what do i link the script to?

kram

Not an aiscript, a scripted trigger. They are not linked to anything.

onyxhawk

ooooooooooooh yeah sorry i like spaced on that when i was reading it aparently thanks btw.