how do i play rc 2 mod? ( launch )

Started by icepwn, December 20, 2007, 09:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icepwn

well title says all actually

JanDeis

You overwrite the old files with the new ones, then you run RC like normal.  Actually, the screen before the download screen on their website tells you.

This one.

icepwn

dumb me now i gotta reinstall :(

RC-1266

if i were you i should copy the whole map as a back up in another folder, and do the same with the RC2 mod when you start playing it so you dont have to re-install it when you like to play it again

JanDeis

I made that mistake when I first installed the thing.  I just copied the GameData folder (3+ gigs!) and renamed one 'GameData original' and the other 'GameData rc2'.  I just rename one folder 'GameData' when I want to play either one.

RC-1266

well i meant copying the map with the replaced maps as RC2-map ;)

1upD

Does anybody know how to overwrite existing properties in the properties package with those in a myLevel package without deleting the originals? This could remove the need for TCs entirely.

JanDeis

If you are editing properties of non-placeable actors, then it can't be done (so I've seen).  But if you are only using the ones you physically put in the map, then the mylevel package will just sort everything out for the individual map.

As for the non-placeable actors though, I've never seen a way...

1upD

Quote from: "JanDeis"If you are editing properties of non-placeable actors, then it can't be done (so I've seen).  But if you are only using the ones you physically put in the map, then the mylevel package will just sort everything out for the individual map.

As for the non-placeable actors though, I've never seen a way...
Krap...

:?:  :shock:

I've thought of this before, but never thought of using it. What if you used a varient of the parent actor, and just modified it to have all the original properties of whatever you're modifying? In the most important case, MPclasses.

JanDeis

For me, I save myself from the headache and just make copies of the GameData folder.  :)

1upD

Quote from: "JanDeis"For me, I save myself from the headache and just make copies of the GameData folder.  :)
That would KILL my harddrive. I'm saving room for Halo PC, in case I get it.

JanDeis

I have 100+ gigs open, so I have room...

verd1138

yeah um  :? how do you download it I tried and it kept taking me to a different link. :(

any help would be welcome :D

P.S.how do I add an avatar?
"Mandalorians don\'t make threats...we make promises"
"It\'s Hero time!"

Sandcrawler

Hmm back on the topic you can run edited property files without overwriting the default ones, Arramus did it on the Sandcrawler Mod, and it was used a map with edited files...On top of that the Unreal engine uses the same type of thing for the mod games.

I dunno how to download it, I haven't taken a look yet.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

VodeAn

If you want to download the RCII mod, go here, and can you tell me what you think of sqon.net? Thanks.

PS (If someone wants to make a auto installer for RCII tell me, it would make the process easier. RCII modifies the properties package and many default files, so the auto installer would need to copy the orinigal files to be nondestructive. We still have a lot of work to do on the mod, but the next release fixes a lot of the lag.)

[lol long ps]