New Site Launch

Started by Sandcrawler, August 15, 2010, 09:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandcrawler

We have launched a new site known as Unreal Modder's Haven. This is the merge of RCMod and KFMod site that has been in discussion for a while now, and its here.

The only thing that I don't have in yet is Community Submitted Tutorials, but they are coming soon.

Within the next month I will begin seriously phasing out the old site. Meaning the link will go dead, or be redirected to the corresponding page here.

As of today we have a new front page, that directs to the Unreal Modder's Haven website, as well as to these forums. You will probably notice that Anchorhead Brawl isn't directed to...yet. I've only had time to finish the merge, next up will be Anchorhead Brawl.

As a last note, as of August 6th this website has been in operation for Four years, the Republic Commando Mod site has been operating long of course. arramus ran the RCmod site as soon as Lucasarts released the UnrealEditor, he maintained the site for several years before handing it off to me. Its been a long trip, and we have had many different looks and systems, but I believe that this latest version is the best yet.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

arramus

I was directed here by a helpful sandcrawler. I like dynamic linkies like that a lot  :D

Jet

It feels like I have missed alot while I was a noob.
I was Ralex. I have finaly got to know how to change name! The thing was that I didn't know how to change it. :S
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

Slaughter

Dude... nice job on the knew site!! ;D

pizzaboy314

i like the new black. what other colors are there?
-PizzaBoy-

Sandcrawler

None, arramus added the new Dark Skin, I'd have left you all with the white and blue default  8)

Quote from: Sandcrawler on August 05, 2010, 10:50:10 PM
As for Themes what I'm thinking of doing is just having you guys find whatever theme you want, customize it with a banner/logo if you want and I'll add it to the forums. That way if you guys want a bright cotton candy pink theme you can have it :P

The SMF theme site is:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/

Make sure its compatable with SMF 2.0 RC3 (or at least 2.0)

I will do a little bit on the themes if you guys link to them (I'll put a logo in and activate them)
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Sandcrawler

The first bit of Redirecting from the old website to the new is in place.

All old topics will be automaticly linked to thier topic on the new forums.

More and more will be redirected, but thast all for now. I want to give google a chance to stay up to date on the website. They crawl the site about once a month.

Neviklink

wait so it is no longer sandcrawler its unreal moders haven ?  :'(

Sandcrawler

Quote from: Neviklink on August 26, 2010, 10:55:58 AM
wait so it is no longer sandcrawler its unreal moders haven ?  :'(

Sandcrawler Network is still the forums, always was just the forums, and a small website. But never the RCMod Site. RCMod and KFMod are merged into Unreal Modder's haven.