LightSaber

Started by Tycon, December 26, 2010, 05:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tycon

I havean idea to make one but i need someine to show me how to make anims and HudArms. I think i can take it from there

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D

Slaughter

Dude, sounds great, I might be able to help, if you need me. I can make a 3d model if you need, but you would have to do the animations for it.

Tycon

srry but i dont need the 3d model i was gunna use the lightsaber that was already ingame

Darktrooper

In order to use the exsisting ls model you would have to create a new weapon script for it. Then you would have to either make a static mesh or partical system to attach to the saber, scripting it as well if you wanted the saber to activate/deactivate. You would also have to make the animations for it in an external program because it is just a prop and there are none for it in the RC files. So essentially you will have to make a complete mod of the static prop that is in game now.

Tycon

Ik all that what i need is someone to tell me how to do it :D

Sandcrawler

First learn:

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/UnrealScript_overview

Then you need to learn Blender or Wings 3D.

Then you'll have to animate it for it to move, so when you attack with it it plays one of several animations. Then if you wanted a worthwhile implimation of it you'd need to rewrite the hit detections, and create giblits, so each model can be seperated into smaller pieces depending on were the lightsaber hits them.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Tycon

Thx for the link but my idea was a little less ambitious. When you "shoot" you swing the saber around and become invincible until your saber runs out of juice. The melee would just have epic power and range and I think giblets is a silly word

Sandcrawler

all of what I mentioned before is still relevant. Giblits just make it look better.

UE2.5 has no way of animation inside the editor (save the movers that are different) Unless you want to make a lightsaber that does something other than being suspended in front of the character (no hand/arm models of it) then you'll need a modeling program, and animation.

To make it all work you have to know UnrealScript. Otherwise its like what is present already, a lightsaber static mesh, that does nothign and can't be inetracted with.

Unrealscript tells the game that you can interact with this object, and what to do with that object after you've interacted with it.

Also in the Clone Wars timeline, Lightsabers last of years at a time, so they wouldn't run out of juice. The older ones in Indecta Era were powered by blaster packs, but had a cord that ran to them.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

frazscotland

U kan do a not so hard way for lightsaber . but its still got problems .
First copy the Hudarms animation pak. paste it elsewhere rename it ie HudarmsLightSaber.ukx then u kan edit it in the animations editor. the only 1 that would be any use to u that way of them is the Conc,bowcaster or  Elitebeam set . as they have a jab motion but none of the exisitng sets has anything remotely like a "swing"
Next decide which of those set u want to use. and edit the set . unlink mesh from animation sets and delete all the un relevant sets and meshs so u dont get lost amid the chaos
Here is a tut from Hockey showin u how to edit the animations...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Y3MNH5xdk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7fY49d7J0k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7_1ZeBe5tY
u paste in the hudarms wep skins cells the invisible texture
FinalBlend'HUDTextures.Effects.DefaultInvisible'
u will also need to make a Nu .u pakage with an entry in the CTEffects i followed it same way and ive added Mp pikups trandoshanknife, grievousstaff, forcepike, Dc15Blasterclone, DroidBlaster, DroidekaBlaster, SBDblaster , WookieWelder/flamethrower (CCP IV his idea) and Bactareviver /electricshokgun
still experimenting with flashbang MP and a SmokeGrenade
My properties sits alongside existing and doesnt conflict with exisitng
here u kan see sum pics
http://www.xfire.com/profile/frazscotland/screenshots/?view#109172776
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

thx sorry for waiting so long to reply ill have to think of a way to make a swing from the existing anims. Is it possible to trim and splice the anims? that mightwork

frazscotland

hmm i dont think any the existing anims have any "swing" in them wel not for hudarms anyways.
only thing u kud do is have the lighsaber in either left or right hand  weaponattach_R or weapon attach_L  and use melee  but it would be kinda limited until sum1 has (much) time to make a nu hudarms animation lightsaber set.  :'(
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

I decided to use pistol hudarms with a Daeth-maul dubble saber when u shoot you also twirl the saber (as part of the emitter)