KF-CarryOnUp (Beta14)

Started by arramus, July 17, 2009, 03:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

Updated to Beta12 with the regular version and a 'Smog' version that is render friendly. I'll release both versions to give server Admin a choice on which one suits their regulars.

The regular one is very smooth inside now due to zoning but still has a couple of hot spots outside.

The 'Smog' version is very smooth inside and also prominently smooth outside as this images FPS suggests.

I've been pestering my work buddy to make a graffiti stencil sketch and he gave me the one below. I've put it outside a trader so it gets regular viewing.

arramus

Updated to Beta13 with a fog version as well as an original version that occludes a lot of visual range and helps increase FPS.

arramus

Had a good playtest today with some other mappers and it was good to play in each other's maps with a full server of players.

I've reduced the fog distance a little in 'Smog' so there'll be a further viewing field when outside the building although inside the building has an even lower fog distance so things on the outside will look clearer. I've lost a few FPS in the process but I'm still getting 60 in a hotspot area which will drop with a full quota of bots but it won't be juttery at all.

Updates to beta 14 include polish and a new skyline addition.

arramus

This map has gone final now and was entered for Wave 2 of the Grindhouse competition.