Terrain Help

Started by Sh4rpSh00t3r, July 13, 2007, 07:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4rpSh00t3r

I read both tuts threw but i still don't know how to keep my terrain from disappearing when i subtract a box for my skybox. Anyone know the problem?

explode

IDK what the problem is, but it happens to me, just build all every time you subtract a brush, then your terrain will re appear.

Sh4rpSh00t3r

tryed it, didn't work. Arramus says it's an editor bug and to try again but i keep trying to tell him that no matter how many times i try i get the same thing to happen.

Dark Lord

i also have a terrain problem:
i was working on some terrain and then i skinned it with 3 different textures, the last of which i applied  to the majority of the terrain, but it does not show fully, so you would think it was applied to very small parts. (half transparent texturing, u know) anyways, everything looks perfect in the unreal editor, i build all, and save, and then go play it, but when i do, there is no half trans texture, instead the last applied texture shows fully, covering up the ones under it, and there are no smooth transitions between the skins where they should be
does anyone know how to fix this?
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

explode

DT, your problem could be just not having your settings turned up or something...IDK...Ued is a little bitch sometimes...

Dark Lord

its not my graphics because other maps that have half trans textures work just fine, its just this one

Sh4rpSh00t3r

still need help with this, its not just a bug because no matter how many times i do it it always ends the same. I go to subtract a box for my skybox and my terrain disappears. Building all dosn't help.

Dark Lord

i always just copy and paste my skyboxes from other maps and then edit them if need be, perhaps you could try that
doubt it could work, but its all i can think of

Sh4rpSh00t3r

well when i copy/paste it pastes the box but no textures, thats another problem.

DooFi

I'm sure it's a Zone-Problem...