opening files

Started by justinas91, March 17, 2008, 09:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinas91

i know that if i want to change the weapons accuracy dammage... i have to use the unrealeditor the comes with patch 1.0 so wich files do i have to open that i cud change the weapons fire rate dammage and accuracy the wich file to change the ai accuracy and finaly i need help opening those u files like CTInventory.u i know that they opens with the unrealeditor just i cant faind how to open them with it
i will be very thankful because this game is greate and i want to mod it ass soon as possible

justinas91

ok i have figured it out now i just want to know how to make that the enemy and friendly will have atleaste half the accuracy as the commandos ai because the enemy and friendly ai not commando ai shoots and misses by 10 to 15 meters of you.

shintofreak

Um, I think arramus already covered this.  I think it's called "Changing pawn's accuracy at default actor properties" or something like that.  Anyway, it's in this same section of the forum.

justinas91

ok thanks

justinas91

i stil didnt understud where to faind that file and what stats to edit?

shintofreak

The effect you want to achieve is to have a pawn be extremely inaccurate.  There are actually two ways to do that.  Both of them involve editing up your properties file and you'll have to switch files when you want to play multiplayer.  For the first method, and the one that will probably be better for you, you'll want to open up the actor classes browser in unreal editor.  Then, you scroll down until you find pawns.  Under pawns, there are a few subclasses.  The two main ones, I think, are called CTPawn and Turret.  If it's not that it's something close, but I'm writing from memory and don't feel like opening UE to look.  Anyway, under CTPawn there should be more subclasses.  Depending on what type of enemies you want to edit, you'll have to look under different subclasses.  I'll do this example with a clone trooper.  Clone troopers' affiliation is with the republic side, so you'll want to open the republic subclass.  Under republic there are yet more subclasses.  I believe clones are under the one called, (surprise) clones.  Under clones I believe there are several different classes.  Clone advisor, clone trooper, and clone commando.  There may be more, but I'm not going to look unless you still can't figure this out.   :? Pick the class called clone trooper, right click on it, select actor properties.  Or you could just double click.  You'll now have a nice unrealed actor properties pop-up box.  It should say something like clonetrooper default properties.  In the box there are different categories.  Some are more useful than others.  The one you want is probably pawn.  The properties in here are the ones that are the most relevant to that pawn's ingame functions.  These properties include it's health, what happens to it when it dies, whether it can be dismembered, and if so, what bones should come off, damage multipliers(usually the head),  what weapons the pawn should have, and, I think, the accuracy of that pawn.   You can change any of these to suit your own needs, and the Hidden categorie has many other things you might want to change, such as whether the pawn can fly, what animations it uses, it's speed on ground, air, and water(this one is barely applicable in RC), and others.  If you want to change the size of your pawn, you can edit the drawscale and the collision properties(collisions for pawns are tricky when you're making the pawn bigger, so you have to play around a bit).  The other method to change your pawn's accuracy is to change the aimerror of the weapon that the pawn uses.  To do that, you uncheck the box that says "placable classes only" and then go to inventory.  Then you go to weapons, find the weapon you need, open the MP weapon properties if it's an MP weapon the AI has, or the regular one if it's not.(regular will edit the MP as well, but if you don't want to mess up the game for SP, edit the subclass  that has MP at the end.  ie.  DC17mSniperMP.)  In the properties box, open the weapon categorie and aim error should be the first property on the list.  That's a lot of work to read that all, and even more to type, but actually editing stuff doesn't take that long, and it's not too hard either. :)