De-Noobing Maps, but having a few problems.

Started by Inbl, November 04, 2007, 09:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inbl

Ok, my first map to de-noob is lockdown. I have replaced all the noob weapons. Then I decided to test it. I clicked build all, and saved it, the tried to play it on a multiplayer server, but it's not on my map list.

DooFi

1. There already are "de-noobed" maps afaik. I believe Arramus made some
Quote from: "Arramus"To get the maps to appear in the MP map list you'll need to update the XMapList.int file. This can be found in this folder C:Program FilesLucasArtsStar Wars Republic CommandoGameDataSystem

The XMapList.int file contains a list of all the regular MP maps you have like Hangar and Engine. You can manually add the names of mod maps to this list and they'll appear in your MP/Lan create game area.

In the Xmaplist.int file you'll see entries like this.

Map+=(FileName="DM_Hangar", LongName="Hangar", Screenshot="MapThumbnails.RAS_Hangar", Text="Xmaps.RAS_Hangar", IdealPlayerCountMin=8, IdealPlayerCountMax=16, GoalScore=30, TimeLimit=10, FragLimit=10, SupportedGames="DM, TD", bSplitScreenOK=0, bNetworkOK=1)
When you start the game the MP/Lan create game area will display supported maps for the game mode you are setting up. It knows how to add maps in the list by checking the Xmaplist.int file. To add your own entries take the above and add the custom map name in its place instead, e.g.

You want to play DM_Wook map. Change the FileName in the above to DM_Wook and change the LongName to Wook as below. You can see this entry has support for DM (DeathMatch) and TDM (TeamDeathMatch). All the custom maps are named DM_ or CTF_ so you know which mode they support. Disregard the other details and leave them as they are. They will not affect how the map runs.

Map+=(FileName="DM_Wook", LongName="Wook", Screenshot="MapThumbnails.RAS_Hangar", Text="Xmaps.RAS_Hangar", IdealPlayerCountMin=8, IdealPlayerCountMax=16, GoalScore=30, TimeLimit=10, FragLimit=10, SupportedGames="DM, TD", bSplitScreenOK=0, bNetworkOK=1)
All you changed was FileName="DM_Hangar",LongName="Hangar" to FileName="DM_Wook",LongName="Wook".

As long as the filename is the same as the map's filename you installed and you add a LongName that represents this map you'll see it in the create area map list under the LongName.

http://sandcrawler.net/rcmod//forum/vie ... =2315#2315

Inbl

ok, but do you know how to solve my problem?

Inbl

nevermind, I think you did.

DooFi

I think Arramus did :P

Inbl

Indirectly, but yes.

Sh4rpSh00t3r

actually three modders have; arramus, learner, and myself ^^;

Inbl

Ok cool.