Terrain

Started by JanDeis, November 23, 2007, 12:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanDeis

I found the terrain tutorial, but it doesn't seem to work.  I get the little terrain info thing to pop up, but:

1) it isn't in the right spot like the tutorial says/shows (if this has anything to do with it)

2) after I'm done, my terrain doesn't appear.

I have the Best of PC version, so does this have anything to do with what UE is doing, because I think I have seen slight differences in what I have, and what is supposed to be seeing.  Either that, or I did something really stupid and it works fine, but I made the mistake (not UE).  Has anyone else seen a problem with making terrain?

Sh4rpSh00t3r

shouldn't make a difference it all depends on what version of unrealed your running and as long as you downloaded the 1.1 path you should be fine. Personally when i do terrain i skip the step where it says "Move to origin" (for the terrain info.) simply because it dosn't line up with my box and my terrain is cut off if that makes sense.

1. Make sure you created a height map in the terrain button on the left side of the editor.
2. Make sure you made an alphalayer for your desired texture.
3. Build all to see and edit the terrain.
4. use the rest of the tutorial from here, it should work fine.

JanDeis

I think I either wasn't building the scene, or I didn't look for the terrain.  I did it again, and it just appeared above my box.  It works now.  Thanks!

EDIT:  I went back through and did it all, then accidentally hit Play Map instead of build.  It crashed UE and now I'm pissed.  O well, I guess I'll do it again...