Rotating map in game without booting everyone out

Started by SOBS, June 12, 2008, 05:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SOBS

Is there a admin console command for openning a map without kicking everyone off the server? :?:
I know open (what ever map you want) works but kicks everyone.

Kind of bites RC did not put a kick/ban for the 2k4 build 2666 engine.

SOBS 8)

RC-1266

I don't know what you mean with the "Rotating map in game" but there already is a kick-topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=143

Sandcrawler

switchlevel will open a new map as well, but I though both worked. If its a mod map make sure everyone has it, and its the same one.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

RC-1266

switchlevel will open the next map in line? or do you have to type the name of the map as well?

Sandcrawler

You need the name of the map I think, but I've never tried to see if it rotates to the next in the list
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Danny

open levelname
kicks everyone but loads faster

switchlevel levelname
doesnt kick but generally takes a longer tim to load the map

DooFi

I don't see any reason for a difference in loading time except that maybe the server has to wait for all he players when switchlevel is used :?

RC-1266

hmmm i started a server with no kill limit today, and when i wanted to switch to lockdown i typed "switchlevel dm_lockdown"
we still were at engine, though all the scores were set to 0 except mine.
everyone called me a cheater  :wink:
EDIT: and o yeah, people were also pissed because when they made kills their scores kept being 0

DooFi