Some Mod Questions

Started by Tycon, November 20, 2010, 06:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tycon

Hey again just some problems with my mods.

I make a backup of the properties.u file and then go and change the weapon stuff. i change the name of the properties file to save and then change it back. once that's done I gofire up RC and......nothing's different  :'(

and some questions too

how do you change the ammo count? i cant find the exact property to change
and
How do you make a mod the the TX instagib sever or the SRT things where you DONT need the properties file to play

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D

frazscotland

wel to do mod where u dont require dload you have to do script moding . hardly anyone does this. you can try ask PFWSKIP, CCP-IV, TAG PHOBOS, SOC VOLO and maybe SRT guys know sum stuff also. i personaly havent tried to do yet. in the unrealeditor theres a scripteditor where u edit it from.. 8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

Yeah ik that. i modded just the way they said to in the other topics, but when i test it it doesn't work

frazscotland

Ammo count for wep isin AMMO in properties and also  in the MPPIKUPS AMMO.
"I make a backup of the properties.u file and then go and change the weapon stuff. i change the name of the properties file to save and then change it back. once that's done I gofire up RC and......nothing's different  "
what do u mean ?  if u edit properties like that u kant expect to join a normal server with moded properties. the host/server has to have moded properties. if you try to edit existing properties and u save your edited properties with a diffrnt name the  Original properties will override . if you have  2 versions of  a weapon the original will override when you join a server .
you can have ghost properties like that but its better to have a diffrnt name so u kan see it also youd need to have edited mp pikups and those weps placed on a map.
script mod would be easier
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

What i mean is that i double the rate of fire for the deece, then i start an LAN server to test, and it's still at the reg ROF

frazscotland

is because theres 2 dc17blasters in the properties.   the dc17blastercommando is for SP  if u want the dc17 for MP its SMG DC17blaster   8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon