How do you add new squad members?

Started by Pineapple, January 01, 2011, 02:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pineapple

Hi all this is my first post. I'm kinda new with Unreal Editor even though I've had RC for years. How do you add new squad members because after seeing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEMBeSGR2tk I wanted to add some of my own troopers to the squad.
Thanks alot
Pineapple

frazscotland

I think you have to make the new squadmembers as a subclass of either of the 3 existing squad members sev07,fixer40 or scorch 62 . also you have to change sum of their properties such as bcanberevived  etc. not sure about the botclass controller though  and eventualy save/update  in your pakage.   8)  i think u cant add more than 1 squad member either. try message pfwskip hes done this many times..
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

No. You add the pawn you want then open up its Properties>AI>bCanBeSquadMember and  bCabPreformSquadmarkers Set these both to true. Somewhere im not sure where there should be something called bCannotDie this makes them to revivable like in regular game play

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D

frazscotland

Have u tried this TYCON ? so u kan start game with 4 or 5  squad members ?? 8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

ja and i got seven fixer scorch boss sev hawk tarute and shadow (the last 3 i made up)

frazscotland

Could you expalin fully how u do it please tycon ? i tried myself and no luck ! i made the extra pawns a sub class of SEv,scorch etc  made all those changes and nothing ! have you got any screenshots in game ??
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

Well the way i do it is add Sev,Scorch,or Fixer. you can reskin them, then open up their properties. Go to Hidden and scroll dow to HudNickname and type in your guy's name in all Caps. somewhere nearby is the value for their number. go to Display. and chosse a color for EnhancedVisionColor(or something like that.) back to Hidden and somewhere is their VoicePack. unfortunately their arent any squad voicepaks other then the three Deltas

frazscotland

so tycon u mean u just changed your squad of 3 guys to different names and skins ?
can u explain how u got your squad members over 3 ?? :D Where did u add in the new guys ? did u add them as a subclass of the exisitng squad members ? or just anywhere ? can u post sum screenies or a vid please ?  only guy ive seen do it so far is pfwskip !  8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

lol sorry i added like 4 fixers, 3Sevs and a Scorch and then reskinned its kinda annoying cuz there are only the three squad voicepaks

frazscotland

yeh but can u explain how u did it in a "for idiots how to do " way for me .cos i cant do it
have u got any screenshots or vid to show it.? ive tried the way u say and no luk  :'(
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

OK its E-z add as many Fixers, Scorches, or Sevs, as you want. (I suggest a variety because its annoying to hear like 30 fixers talking at the same time) I think you know how to add new skins to them- open up their properties(NOT the default props) and go to Display>Skins>Add. Choose the skin you want, then go back to the properties cell you created, and hit Use. Still in Display, go to EnhancedVisionColor and choose the color you want(it's like choosing the color for a light). When you go into Tactical Mode ingame, your squadmembers are outlined in this color. Go to Hidden(we have a lot to do here) and scrolling down, you see AudioTable. Get the pulldown menu and choose the voicepak you want. (I suggest the squad voicepaks, because droid voicepaks don't have phrases for slicing comps or anything like that)Go down to bCannotDie-set it to True. continuingdown a long way, go to the H's and there will be two right next to each other-HudDescription and HUDNickname. HudDescription is your guy's number (07,40,62,etc.) HUDNickname is your guy's name. type in ALL CAPS. Grab the scroll bar and go all the way to the bottom.  you should see SquadHUDSlot. enter a number from 1 to...I dont know how high you can go. this value says what order they show up an your HUD from left to right. if you have 2 guys with HudSlots 1 and 7 your hud would have the first guy, six or so empty spaces then the next guy.
Phew. BTW, could you please show me how to add pics??

Omega 27 Elite

ive done it this way before but when they die 38 still of course says "07's down" or something like that so yeah
I am a man of many questions...

Tycon

yeah.. as i said theres a limited number of voice paks so it gets like this
Boss:27, secure area!
Fixer: Moving into Positoin sir
Boss: 33, snipe
Fixer:Moving into Positoin sir
Boss: 46, i need an explosive solution
Boss: 90, blow that door!

Omega 27 Elite

what i mean is, least for me, boss still thinks its one of the normal squad members
I am a man of many questions...

Tycon

srry i thought i had told u already it happens for everybody you would need to make a mod (wink wink fraz) with extra voicepaks