LF mapper for Search And Destroy Map (Republic Commando)

Started by Danny, May 26, 2011, 08:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny

Phobos and I (mostly phobos xD) have started work on a search and destroy mod for republic commando. It will work exactly like the CSS plant/defuse game mode (in theory). I am looking for a mapper who would be willing to make map(s) for us so we can release this mod at its full potential. With the default maps, the only ones that might work would be Hangar or Engine, and even then it would be hard to find a balanced spot to place the two different 'bomb sites'.

Please post here or contact me on xfire (tagdanny) if you would be willing to help out. I will also be making maps, so if you don't want to tackle a whole map on your own, we could make one in collaboration, or if you prefer doing everything, all we ask for is a balanced map that supports two bomb locations, both attacker and defender spawns, and competitive capability.

On a side note, I am having issues compiling script with my editor. Whenever I click the "Compile Changed Scripts" button this box instantly pops up and the progress bar never moves (it is in that position when the box pops up, and it will not progress).

{CCP}VI

quit the editor when the loading bar stucks and save the package. then restart the editor and compile again. sounds not really helpful but it works for me.
good luck with your project.
Xfire- viscatus

Danny

When I exit the editor after this happens, the boxes do not come up asking you if you want to save the packages, like when you normally compile something. The editor just closes without anything popping up.

Danny

Sorry for double post, but now I'm having an issue where if I scroll through the textures, the editor will crash. I searched the forums for a solution, but couldn't find anything (maybe I'm putting in the wrong keywords). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

{CCP}VI

http://forums.sandcrawler.net/index.php?topic=1010.0

Quote from: {CCP}VI on October 26, 2010, 05:54:05 AM
i have the same problem and i have no idea how to fix it. but there is a way to deal with it. go to the filter of the texture browser and uncheck "textures". now you should be able to go through the browser but it doesnt show up normal textures(only combiners, shaders,etc. including stuff with bumpmapping for example like clonetextures but you will be able to find also quite normal textures for walls, ground and so on).

if you would like to export one of those shaders open the properties of it in the texturebrowser. you will find next to "diffuse" the filename of the real texture (Texture'CloneTextures.CloneTextures.CloneCommando07') for example. then you have to place a staticmesh or something like that in the map and use the normal texture as a skin for it. then go to "in use" in the texture browser-> in use and tick in the filter "textures" again. after that the texture should appear in the texturebrowser, ready for export.
i think it has to do with the bumpmapping-problem.
still uncomfortable, but it works for me. i hope that helps.

should work.
Xfire- viscatus