Some questions

Started by 1eS_Shit_SpiriT, September 04, 2007, 08:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1eS_Shit_SpiriT

Hi

I've got some questions! (I wrote to arrasmus and Doofi but they didnt answer) so i ask here!

First question:

Where can I register for being a "Sandcrawler Mapper" ?

Second:

On Maps (like engine) are elevators, if you want to use them you have to press "F", what do i have to choose in the map editor by "InitialState"?
And there are always signs where u have to stand and than press "F" do i have to build it or is it decoration? (If i have to build it where?)

Third:

How / where can i build doors???

Fourth:

In the second tutorial, where you add one room to the other, i dont know how to make it that the walls of the middle box are away, if i'm pressing "subtract" only one wall is away!!

If you help me, i can finish my map (: and maybe add it here =D

Ciao 1eS !

Sandcrawler

1. Um I'm not sure what you mean, if your meanign the Mod Maps, its more of a compiliation of other mappers work.

2. Its done ina  series of Triggers. You could make your own...I choose to copy it out of engine or any map, and edit it to work on my maps.

3. Doors are just verticle movers.

4. Sounds to me like you need to rebuild. Just go to Biuild > Build All. The editor seems to only render the walls that are in sigth when you subtract or add stuff, so a simple rebuild will make the wall show...or should.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

1eS_Shit_SpiriT

Quote from: "Sandcrawler"1. Um I'm not sure what you mean, if your meanign the Mod Maps, its more of a compiliation of other mappers work.

2. Its done ina  series of Triggers. You could make your own...I choose to copy it out of engine or any map, and edit it to work on my maps.

3. Doors are just verticle movers.

4. Sounds to me like you need to rebuild. Just go to Biuild > Build All. The editor seems to only render the walls that are in sigth when you subtract or add stuff, so a simple rebuild will make the wall show...or should.

I mean how to be in the mapper list ;)

But thanks so far :)

1eS_Shit_SpiriT

I dont know how to Build the Buttons for the mover(elevator) >.<

Can someone give me a tutorial (The mover where u have to press "F")
Where Can i build the buttons and so on (For it)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

And where can i build doors ?

Dark Lord

i usually just go to a map like ghostship (DM_Trando) and copy the trigger things at the elevator, changing the names in the events part of properties to fit with my mover
such as you would make the mover's tag in the events section: mover1
so in the trigger you change the event in event section to: mover1

thats how ive done all my maps, just copy and pasting triggers, u really dont need to know more than that but if you want more complicated stuff still, then read the tutorial because its alot better at explaining it (since it shows pics) than me trying to explain this stuff to u
http://sandcrawler.net/rcmod///tutorials/12.html
that tells you about doors as well. but you can build doors absolutely anywhere, you can make them out of anything, so long as its blocking a path, and then it moves to open a path, whatever it may be made of or look like, that's a door.
for 2 part doors, or any multiple peice movers, u just select all the peices, select key 0, then move them to where u want starting to be, select key 0 again, then you select key 1, and move them together or apart (if a door) or however you may want it to be, then you select key 1 again, and so on
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

1eS_Shit_SpiriT

Quote from: "Dark Lord"i usually just go to a map like ghostship (DM_Trando) and copy the trigger things at the elevator, changing the names in the events part of properties to fit with my mover
such as you would make the mover's tag in the events section: mover1
so in the trigger you change the event in event section to: mover1

thats how ive done all my maps, just copy and pasting triggers, u really dont need to know more than that but if you want more complicated stuff still, then read the tutorial because its alot better at explaining it (since it shows pics) than me trying to explain this stuff to u
http://sandcrawler.net/rcmod///tutorials/12.html
that tells you about doors as well. but you can build doors absolutely anywhere, you can make them out of anything, so long as its blocking a path, and then it moves to open a path, whatever it may be made of or look like, that's a door.
for 2 part doors, or any multiple peice movers, u just select all the peices, select key 0, then move them to where u want starting to be, select key 0 again, then you select key 1, and move them together or apart (if a door) or however you may want it to be, then you select key 1 again, and so on