mapping contest's?

Started by hellsmond, August 07, 2006, 09:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellsmond

it would be cool if there would be somebody that would make like each month
a design of a lvl(first easy lvls then then lil bit harder each time)
then ppl must post there lvl on the page and would there be a winer chosen out of them(with a poll or something)

hellsmond

hellsmond

sorry for bad inglish

Sandcrawler

We could start something like this, I could come up with some designs for this, and see what people do with them, and what works the best. In fact I have an Idea for a goo first one, it would be easy but there is quite a bit of things you could do with it.

Here is what I'm thinking for a month plan for it.
~ First of each month a New map Design is released.
~ Last day of each month all entrys are due in.
~ In edition to the first day of that month a new design being released, it is also voting for the next week, voting is closed at the end of the week.
~ An Award is given to the winer at the start of the next event.

Here are some rulkes, to make it a bit more interesting.
~ Size unless told to you on the Floor Plan is up to you to determan.
~ You can add up to four rooms to your map (not counting hallways, or tunnels).

What do you guys think? feel free to correct any of mine or change them, whatever =) also feel free to make your own new ones. If there is a big enough interest in doing this, we could start it next month, long as we get the rules and stuff set.

If you guys want to do this, I will make a page with the Floor plan and information on it on the Mod Site.

So lets get a show of hands on who is interested in this, also do you guys think you can spread it to the other clans?
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

hellsmond

i hope it will spread and a floor pan would be nice
if all would post them on this site it would be like huge(delta week had like 150 player in it!!)
i know for sure there are some ppl interested in mapping RC
not knowing how and just playing it online
so maby if we would get there attation to it would get even larger
cant wait for it to start

:D hellsmond :D