Help me please.

Started by Fungus, June 21, 2009, 12:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

I have a problem with my 2 maps i made.

when me or my friend make a server for Republic Commando, one of us join, but the person that joins there Republic Commando crashes.
(screen closes and a message pops up saying send error or don't.)

Could someone please help me with this problem.

Dark Lord

that depends on what your map is like
first off, AI is usually not a good idea in MP maps, there are a few exceptions (Clone troopers, battle droids, geo elites, trando mercs, and trando hvy) but everything else i have tried will crash someone, although this usually only happens when they make visual contact, not when they join the game
i would assume, though ive never really messed around the stuff, that any AI scripts in an MP map would also cause this problem
another possibility is that your map is not built correctly. i once played a map that had an open planet surface area, but there was no subtracted cube to encampass that whole area. instead, it was kind of thrown together (it has been so long - i dont really remember what they did but it was really weird) but anyways, on that map only the host could play the game without crashing. you may want to check the tutorials and make sure you did things right in the construction of your map
the only other thing i know of is perhaps you forgot to build all your map before saving it, and im pretty sure that would also create crashes for any guests
if those options dont help you, try uploading your map so a mod could take a look at what might be the problem
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade