Sandcrawler Mod Updates, Suggestions and Additions

Started by arramus, March 16, 2007, 01:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

Convert Trenches to an SP map with AI constantly spawning at one end. It'd make for a great sniper training map.

arramus

Here's a short Youtube vid of the AA gun with a difference.

Grenade Launcher
It has 6 grenades as projectiles and the impact is that of a grenade as well. The Damage has been reduced from 400 to 80. You need all 6 to kill with shields at full. It makes for a good long range stun weapon or a close stun switch weps and spray weapon.

We'll see how it fares in the servers. It can always be upped or downed as needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlHfk9rwhAE

arramus

Testing the new APC projectile. It's like a fireworks display in there.

Squad_Sammaron

hey, you know what you said about linkin diff meshes to anims? could i import First Person meshes and hook 'em up to some of the anims already made for attacks, like shooting? so it'd be a new mesh and skins, but diff anim? is taht possible?
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

Sandcrawler

Can we pull commands out of the code? Maily the throweapon command, but if we can we should just pull are commands out there can make MP unfair.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

{MotR}Weapon

Hmm, they kinda look like bowcaster bolts. Do the fire fast like the regular APC? I mean, is it basicially the same thing other than projectile appearances? :)

{MotR}Weapon

Oh and I like the AA modification. One piece of constructive critism I'd like to add to that is that it would be PERFECT if you had modded it to create a lot of smoke and dust upon projectile impact (like the normal AA does). It makes for more strategic use, kinda like a smoke grenade mortar. :D

arramus

Interesting idea. I'll see if there's a projectile with smoke properties.

{MotR}Weapon

Hm, well I would think the normal AA rounds had smoke properties, because they make a small cloud of smoke upon impact a lot of times (at least for me, and on Garden especially when I try to snipe >.<) :?

Sandcrawler

hmm I li how it is right now, it wouldn't be much of a grenade launcher if it made a ton of smoke like the AA, thow what if we match the dmg of the rgenade, and the AA shots.

Also with the conc, can we give it a shorter range so the shot blows earlyer. so it can't be used to kill people across the map.

With the shotgun can we lower the damage so a direct hit only takes out the shield or the health.

Maybe with ACP make it last longer, but deal little to no damage, be more of a distraction then a real weapon...more like EMP's.

Haven't though of anything for the others yet.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Darktrooper

How about increasing the Bowcasters rof 5x and damage by 2. I like the weapon but it's just to slow on the recharge.

Squad_Sammaron

erm...

Quotehey, you know what you said about linkin diff meshes to anims? could i import First Person meshes and hook 'em up to some of the anims already made for attacks, like shooting? so it'd be a new mesh and skins, but diff anim? is taht possible?
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

CLONECOMMANDER501

I feel like screaming battledroids for some odd reason....

arramus

If anyone wants to take a crack with other models that'd be great. I've tried a few things with them and a fresh pair of hands never hurts.

Sandcrawler

I got another idea. Can we make duplicates of thwe weapons so we cna have diffrent settings.

I started thinking this after I read about the 1-shot kill anywhere sniper rifle. That doesn't sound like any DC to me, but it does make me with of the disruption rifle back from Jedi Academy. we could use the same skin, change the name, the zone thing to the bowcaster one, and have the shot carge, and turn the shot to a pink-red charge.

The disruptor rifle kills one shot fully charged anywheres, and headshots are still a kill no matter.

This way we could limit that to large maps, and still have a headshot only rifle. because I think if we make it one hit kill anywhere it will become a nub weapon, when I was playing alot, I could blindhit people across the map, so if it was one hit kill then I would have got alot of kills.