Changing the text

Started by bannoni, March 26, 2010, 06:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannoni

Heya guys. In Repcom a guy called ******** recently found out how to change the writing text for his kill streaks. Like Iron is Pwning you and stuff like that. I was wondering how this is done? He did not use Unreal but did it ingame. So if anyone can help I would be gratefull.

Sandcrawler

In system.ini in the RC/system folder there is a block that deals with what to say when you reach X kills.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

bannoni

ou give me exactly what to search please. Also when there how do I edit it?

Sandcrawler

Its not in there, guess it was a different game I was thinking of.

If you check around in the different ini and int files in the system fodler you should be able to find it. Just open them with WordPad.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

arramus

The only place I've found so far is through the Unreal Editor actor browser list. It gives kills streak message options for what the client sees and a different set for what the rest of the players on the server see.

frazscotland

yeh dont think anyones changed messages yet . maybe next sandcrawler mod will have sum groovy new messages hehe.
would be nice if the mystery "finder" posted a "how to " for the rest of the community to learn from  and utilise 8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Sandcrawler

Well for Unreal Tournament 2004 they were set in the system file. I saw it the other day :P

frazscotland

i think its in the actorclassbrowser untikkd placeable classes INFO general  area theres a lot of the message prompts in that general area  and also much you can change in the MENU area like the class names in customise . its a mountain of slow painstaking trawling tho, :shock:
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

bannoni

Yes but then how did TX ironhide do it?

Sandcrawler

Ask him?

Or search the RC files for a location to change it at.