How to create a stormtrooper skin in RC?

Started by Alvar007, September 15, 2012, 10:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvar007

After watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0UF8DA5XZs&feature=related i was wondering how to create a perfect stormtrooper skin like in the video, it looks like jedi knight! ;D
Anyone can help me?

frazscotland

well the skin to use is the clonetrooper skin as thats what makes up the body,
export a cloneskin from the clone texture package but REMEMBER to end it as   .bmp  as the save name
eg Clonetrooper.bmp
:)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Alvar007

Yeah i know that... ¬¬ The question is the helmet, HOW CAN I DO IT???!!!

frazscotland

Quote from: Alvar007 on September 19, 2012, 10:10:32 AM
Yeah i know that... ¬¬ The question is the helmet, HOW CAN I DO IT???!!!
Quote from: frazscotland on September 18, 2012, 10:31:18 AM
well the skin to use is the clonetrooper skin as thats what makes up the body,
export a cloneskin from the clone texture package but REMEMBER to end it as   .bmp  as the save name
eg Clonetrooper.bmp
:)
So  you are following this process exactly ?? And immediately your  Unreal Ed crashes ???
well if thatsthe case you definitely wont be able to further progress even with modding a helmet
First off be able to export a commando or cloneskin texture to desktop as .bmp format so you can edit usin paint or whatever then if thats not possible... your modding cant go furhter with whatever your pc setup is
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Alvar007

I am able to export a cloneskin but the question is about the helmet... How can i do it? Maybe with JKA stormtrooper skin? I was thinking about that but it hasnt the same structure as RC skins so i dont know... :S

frazscotland

Well the helmet u speak of actually isnt in the default rc game. Its been modded
I know the process of how theyve done it but not where theyve got the helmet mesh from,
I guess u could download the arctrooper mod and have a look inside at various texture and staticmesh pakages. there you will find the helmet mesh and also the texture for it,
Trouble is the way the mod has been constructed it overwrites existing default pakages,
8)
what i would suggest is to find the static mesh for the helmet place it on a map then save it to your own new staticmesh pakage and also create a new texture pakage  Duplicate an existing shader and rename it and save to your new texture pakage and same for the helmet texture.
if u open the shader properties you can manually edit the paths to your helmet texture. and in your new staticmesh pakage change the shader for it,  ;D

This process will require you to expand your knowledge base ,there's no "kwik fix" like poping down to shops for a dvd.
The animation set used is clonetrooper no helmet and where the texture /shader for the clobne head is has been supplanted by the invisible texture then a cteffect has been made in which is the staticmesh of the helmet so you would need by trial and error to position the helmet mesh to correct ATTACH position on the shoulders.,.etc etc
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Alvar007

With "static mesh" do you mean a pawn? Because i dont find any helmet on static mesh tab :S Can you give me a detailed explanation please? :D

frazscotland

You have a browser for Static Meshes , Properties , Textures , Animations
The normal Clonetrooper Helmet and commando Helmet are in the Static Mesh Package for Weapons , Accessories
READ  last messge again The different type helmet u speak of is not in the default rc Static mesh packages,
What you have to do is to install the arc trooper mod then open up their individual static mesh pakages and slowly look thru them for this new helmet,
8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Alvar007

Men you were right! I found a helmet mesh called stormie and even a texture skin called stormtrooper but helmet is clonetrooper :S Why the hell is called stormtrooper then?
So now the question is: how can i join the stormtrooper body with texture stormtrooper helmet? (that is also with the mod) :D