Squad Markers

Started by RC-2375, May 11, 2007, 11:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RC-2375

Hi All. I'm New. Nice Place You Got Here. Anyway, I've Been Trying Out The RepCom Editor, and I understand some, but I can't get the squad markers to work. I mean I can... But The Squad Refused to Go There. Ideas?

DooFi

theres a tutorial around here. I'm sure you'll find it. Use the search or sth, idk where it is xD

M3rl1n

*cough*

viewtopic.php?t=346

;)

Seriously it sounds like you haven̢۪t setup the nav point correctly. I cover it in the squad marker tutorial I have up but if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

RC-2375

Re
Actually, Those are the tuts that I used to do it...

The Markers show up and everything. But When You Order One Of The Squad To Go Snipe... They Refuse.

M3rl1n

Being new to the editor do you know about path nodes and if you do are they showing a path to the squad marker nav point? If you haven't placed them they can be added via the actor class browser and are found under the "NavigationPoint" heading. Once placed go to the "Buld" menu and "Rebuild AI Paths" to update the path.

Right click on the grey bar to show paths:

There should be an arrow from the nearest node pointing to the nav marker (and one pointing from the nav marker to the nearest node or the squad member won̢۪t be able to leave the marker):

RC-2375

Re
So I need To Place A PathNode that connects to the Navigation Point? I'll try this... I'll let you know. Thanks.

EDIT:
Ok. I figured it out. I had to go to the nav point's proporties and go to AI and select Sniper as TRUE.

Now... Anyone know how to do that with a demo charge on a droid dispenser?

<DooFi>See? The edit-button looks like this and you find it in the upper right corner of your posting: </DooFi>