Program goes wacky alot...

Started by -Killer-, December 02, 2007, 09:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Killer-

well in UnrealEd.. my program just randomly crashes.. it usually happens when I build all, open my map, or try to add something. Arramus suggested copying and pasting but even when I do that it exits.. He said the map is bugged.. but idk what else to do. Can someone PLEASE help me!

P.S.-- i have vista..

I took a vid of what happens. If you want it ill send it.. It wont let me put in on here.

-Killer-

anyone gona help?

:(  :?  :?:  :cry:  :roll:

icepwn

i wish i could.. it happends alot to me too.. like when i try to add fluid thing from actor propities it crashes also sometimes when i try to save a map it sometimes crash then when i try opening it its not possible UE just crashes... all i can say is make 2 saves of the map so if u do anything wrong u can use the other one then just overwrite the bugged one.. atleast thats what i do

Sandcrawler

Welcome to the Republic Commando version of Unreal Editors...the Lucasarts special =P

Just save alot, I do the same thing ice does, 2 save files, and I alternate every so many saves, and when you are working on a big map I like to save alot.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Sh4rpSh00t3r

yeah, i do 5 saves. (DM_Map1, DM_Map2, etc.)

this way if my unrealed crashes during save i won't lose anything.

Furion

Yeah that happens to me often the best advice i can give is if youre working on a important map is just to save often... recently i was building a great map lots of time in it it was a city block with  streets and buildings and stuff and --bing-- crashes