Rotate and Direction Widget

Started by arramus, May 23, 2009, 11:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

I miss the rotate and directional widget we had in SWRC UE. It was very easy to move an object on a plane and rotate freely. I'm sure I'll adapt soon enough but I'm surprised that something that is so commonly used is lacking.

Some suggestions being thrown about in the Tripwire forum:

QuoteTo drag on a single plane, use ctrl + l+r mousebutton, and other combinations, IN THE DYNAMIC LIGHT VIEWPORT.

To keep things locked on the grid, click the "Drag grid" button, next to the grid size at the bottom of the editor

QuoteThe vertex snap normally should work, try reselecting the brush and turn back to camera mode and back again to vertex editing, also be sure the grid locking is on.

I don't kow of any widget, but try holding control + left or right mouse or bothbutton in the perspective viewport to move your selected objects either forwards/backwards/up down

And from Sandcrawler
QuoteWhat I have been doing when I need to move something in a straight line is increasing the grid size down at the bottom. It starts at a gridzixe of 4 by default, I work on a gridsize of 16 most of the time.*