Star Wars Freebie Models

Started by Darktrooper, September 05, 2006, 01:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darktrooper

I posted this in another topic, but thought it could probably go good on it's own. I found that site for the free SW Models. Heres the link, http://www.3dtotal.com look under free stuff/models for all the goodies. You could even throw a couple of Abrams into a map as well  :lol: . Heres a few screenshots to make your mouth water:

Not sure if they can be used, but I would love to try. :lol:

DooFi

QuoteNot sure if they can be used, but I would love to try.
Well yea, you'd probably have to remove some polygons and then export it to unreal-supported format *.ase with the XSI Modtools (0.00$^^).

Darktrooper

Thanks man. I'll give it a shot and see what I hit. I'm also gonna check into that lighting problem, ask around see what I cant find. A model is a terrible thing to waste. :P

VodeAn

I herd that they don't want u to do be able to use free tools to create game mods n' stuff, ohhhhhj naughty. (rembers the game in progress) um nevr mind

DooFi

Quotethey don't want u to do be able to use free tools to create game mods n' stuff
No mods, but stuff  :P

arramus

I got a copy of XSI and installed the Unreal Add-On for exporting.

XSI supports a few import formats of which this model is 3ds. The Unreal Add-On exports to ASE but so far has crashed UE when importing it. Maybe I'll look for something simpler to start with.

It looks good in the XSI application for sure.

morpheus

yea, thats way to heavy to import to an unreal game....better off makin your own
in RepCom, its all textures