DM_CairoStation

Started by Sh4rpSh00t3r, May 20, 2007, 10:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4rpSh00t3r

my new map project is based of the halo SP map Cairo Station! Im making the best re-creation i can but obviously it wont be exact. The map is based on the very core of Cairo. This one wont be forgotten because i already have built the entire shell of the map. All there is to do now is fill it. :)

right now everything is one texture until i can find that site where i can download some UT ones.

The middle of the map, the area with the trees in the halo campaign. The top will have windows that show space.

Heres the top of the base (not as exact as the game itself but this is where you jump down into the room wiht the trees)

middle stair case to platform where turret would be in halo, also addeda vent.

one of the bases. they're identical. (ment to be like the room with the shotgun and the two elites)

this is where the two invisable elites are in halo.

explode

I think DT already made this map...

Sh4rpSh00t3r

no he said he got some of his ideas from it i.e. the greenhouse in space, the walk ways blah blah but im making more the actual combat and single player part of the level.

Dark Lord

yeah space station just had cairo inspiration, but wasnt meant as a re creation of it
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Sh4rpSh00t3r

anyone know or can llok into making the hud of the commando shown for all players in a multiplayer game?

DooFi

Compare this map to the original map (which i dont know) in detail! Then come back to this thread and list the differences sorted by the importance to the atmosphere.

Hints:
Lighting
Teytures
Trims

Sh4rpSh00t3r

doofi i do all that stuff last. lighting is the very last thing. (see my first post: "i havn't done much to the textures yet" and i "fill" it last with lighting and sm's)

Sh4rpSh00t3r

ok, well for one it's going to take me a bit to get the actual textures and such. I also ran into a problem that i need to make time to fix.