ctf tower

Started by Danny, May 22, 2008, 07:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny

This is my first map so any suggestion would be helpful...IM pretty much done

Downalod
http://hosted.filefront.com/tagdanny

Sandcrawler

Looks good from the little bit I can see, I would like to see some screen shots of the map itself before I can judge lighting and such.

One thing I can see is you have some overlapping brushes, I would fix it if I were you, it would help you kick the habit before it gets bad.

[tutorial=18:31o269j3]Optimizing[/tutorial:31o269j3]
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Danny

Ingame Screenies
Blue Base:

Red Base:

Middle:

Upper Middle:

Lower Middle:

Sandcrawler

The lighting looks nice, I would add in a few static meshes, boxes, barrels, or maybe just some panels, or the computer looking things, it will give it a bit more sceinery. I would just play with them until you find a look you like.

O I would try some boarder around the doors, I would do something solid.

I would be disapointed if you release it without fixing the overlapping, it can look alot more seemless if you fix them. for example on the middle picture you can see a door, and under it there is a thin strip of the wall. from where it comes out above the floor.

Overall its looking good, and for a first I would say its one of the better first maps I've seen. If you want to call it good, zip it and email it to me, and I'll add it to the downloads here.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Danny

I fixed all the ramps and added afew static meshes. Also I added warp zones.

Blue Base:

Lower Middle:

Middle:

Upper Middle:

Red Base:

Edit: Final version can be downloaded Here

RC-1266

i like it.
how did you do the semi-transparent effect?

Danny

In Multi Player Textures-> Kamino there are 2 textures called glass and blue glass that one is glass.

RC-1266

YES.... i experimented with those things but it never worked.... thanks a lot