[RC] DM_Cliffside

Started by Delrahn, April 16, 2010, 07:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delrahn

This is again a mid sized map. There are two gunships, one went down hard, and the other landed...somewhat softer. The more..intact gunship has supplies if you need any. There's also a broken AT-TE in the area, and the ground is littered with holes from Anti-Armor fire. My map is almost done, I'm just adding finishing touches.
  I put snow on the map, and renamed it DM_RhenVar

Delrahn

I tried to upload DM_RhenVar to Sandcrawler but all I did was upload a shortcut, which I'm pretty shure won't work. I can't find my map in GameData>Maps, so where can I find it and why won't it show up?

TimBob12

Try running a search for your map file or open it unrealed and in the top bar it will tell you the location and then name.

frazscotland

YOU can join filefront its a free host site for game files upto 600mb a piece.pretty much unlimited quantity. if you have any trouble uploading to here. you can just post a link to your filefront.  :idea:
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Sandcrawler

Filefront is free until they decide to shut it down again, removing a bunch of files in the process. Its also a slow download speed :P

If the file is bigger than the 25mb you can always send it to me using some other method and I'll upload it to the site using FTP.

What TimBob12 already mentioned will get you to the map location.

You'll have to compress the file using one of many methods. I would just zip the file by right clicking on the file > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder. Then upload.

Edit:
I just checked in your downloads folder, and I have a DM_RhenVar.zip that is around 1mb. Just no entry into the download database/display.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Delrahn

It's like a shortcut or whatever, does it have to be the original file? Because it says that the file type is a shortcut, not .ctm. Its says the map is in gamedata>maps, but none of my created maps show up there, it's like the only way to know if they aren't deleted is to open them in unrealed or play them on rc. IT IS VERY FRUSTERATING!And is your avatar from Bleach? Just wondering.

frazscotland

yeh i know filefront bites i wouldnt trust any site to host mi files safelly without having a bakup of them personalyy tho. :lol:
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Sandcrawler

Quote from: "Delrahn"It's like a shortcut or whatever, does it have to be the original file? Because it says that the file type is a shortcut, not .ctm. Its says the map is in gamedata>maps, but none of my created maps show up there, it's like the only way to know if they aren't deleted is to open them in unrealed or play them on rc. IT IS VERY FRUSTERATING!And is your avatar from Bleach? Just wondering.

I just downloaded the file I have, and its working for me. I oepend it in Unreal Editor, and had a snowy looking map, althoguh, I don't have the snow texture and so its just grey.

What is saying its a shortcut?

Yea my avatar is Kisuke Urahara, from bleach. I watch the subtitled version :P
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Delrahn

Do you want me to retexture it with an original texture? Or just give you my texture? I don't know how to do that.

Sandcrawler

I don't care what you do :P

Just make a texture show up.

mylevel is a good thing to use if you just havea  handful of custom textures.

Delrahn

I added a different texture, glowing where fires are, clones from swbf, and you should be able to see the texture this time. Please check my map now.
    Here's a link to a screenshot: http://www.xfire.com/profile/delrahn/sc ... w#96105035

Here's a link to a video:
      http://www.xfire.com/video/28846d/

Delrahn

Please get to my map soon, Sandcrawler, I'd really like my map available for download. ;)

Sandcrawler

I won't have time to look at it until the weekend, and maybe not even then.

If you think its working just add it, or if you haeva  friend or another computer with RC installed, take the file that you are going to upload here, to that computer and try it.

leeroy

hey sorry about quote i just cant talk any other way anyways right now im so mad becuase whenever i do open Rhen Var (the one u originaly put on sandcrawler) nothing will happen i did download the file
sombody please tell me what im doing wrong or if sombody just hates me i dont care if its just becuase you hate me for talking about other games and stuff but if i knew where to find the modding sites (were you MAKE the maps) then i wouldnt be only talking about games