Making AI smarter in SP specifically?

Started by Jedi_Mediator, October 17, 2007, 04:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi_Mediator

Just asking...is there any plausible way to make the AI smarter (i.e. add new strategies to their behavior, such as hiding behind something once you start firing on them...in the same way they jump from grenades) in all the existing SP maps? I really know NOTHING about RC modding in particular (though I do mod very actively for the Jedi Knight game series), so don't flame me just for asking an innocent question. I had that happen to me recently, and I don't want that experience here!

JanDeis

I've had problems with this same thing.  I will place an actor in my map, and when I play it, none of them move until I shoot at them.  In the normal game, SBDs will chase you (slowly, but they are after you) until either you or them are dead.  Is there some sort of property you need to change in the actor to change their behavior?

Sandcrawler

I'm not really sure, but I would guess that you could change the AI behavior in one of the scripts. I'm don't even have an idea were to look for this, but I agree, the AI are pretty stupid lol.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)