Hello

Started by 1upD, December 26, 2007, 12:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1upD

*HEGUGUGURG*

Finally, I got the site to work! I wasn't sure where to post first. First of all, I love the site, and I couldn't have started modding RC without it. I stopped modding RC a while ago, but I'm waiting for someone to finish some GM sprites for me, so I figured I'd get back to it, just for fun. Is anyone still here? The forums seemed deserted last time I checked. BTW, I'm a self-exiled EaW skinner. I've already made around 9 reskins for RC. I've made clone commanders, captains, lieutenants, sargents and specops from my fanfic. I skinned Geonosian-produced Battle Droids, and a Human mercenary.

Dark Lord

forums arent dead...even tho apparently ppl think that all the time...
personally i plan to stick with RC until i am either too busy to do so or there is no longer anyone to play mods with
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

1upD

w007

Yeah, I just checked the dates and fond out people posted only a few days ago. It's kinda strange, last time I checked(Which was a few months ago) the site was completely dead.

JanDeis

There are periods of silence (so I have seen) though I am rather new here...

VodeAn

their should always be people here, I personally will continue to mod RC nomatter what, it is a great composition of unexplored code and possibilities.
we here are artists, with keyboards as brushes and hard drives as canvases. seriously though, rc is a great platform

1upD

I've heard a lot of people say something like that.  :roll:
That's what I would've said about EaW. Look where I am now.

JanDeis

I liked modding EaW for a while, but I was limited on what programs I had.  Eventually, I had done everything possible on my computer to that game.  So now I'm here working on RC  :D

1upD

Really? You must've modded in the early days of EaW. Now the FoC community has huge TCs and game-beating addons. *Sigh* I remember the early days, when the fun was just to see how much you could do with raw code, no model hunting or skinning.

JanDeis

No, I was actually trying to mod FoC.  But I wasn't able to mess with the models.  Some sort of weird multi-model archive-ish thing.  I was never able to get very far.  I had some good ideas though.  Wish I could have been able to actually make 'em.  I still have all the tools for it on my other PC.

By the way, does the Imperial Assault 2 mod have a public release yet?  Duh, what am I thinking.  I'll just check their site...

1upD

Quote from: "JanDeis"No, I was actually trying to mod FoC.  But I wasn't able to mess with the models.  Some sort of weird multi-model archive-ish thing.  I was never able to get very far.  I had some good ideas though.  Wish I could have been able to actually make 'em.  I still have all the tools for it on my other PC.

By the way, does the Imperial Assault 2 mod have a public release yet?  Duh, what am I thinking.  I'll just check their site...
What do you mean? Didn't you get the MEG extractor? You can't edit ALOs without 3D max. Did you at least try to download other mods?

:wink:  :arrow: http://files.filefront.com/The+Underwor ... einfo.html

IA2 is basicly just an idea......plus a WIP.... I doubt there will ever be a release. :cry:

JanDeis

I don't have 3DS Max.  So I couldn't edit any models.  Mainly the reason I stopped.  I have the most fun modding the game myself than playing everyone else's mods though...

1upD

Quote from: "JanDeis"I don't have 3DS Max.  So I couldn't edit any models.  Mainly the reason I stopped.  I have the most fun modding the game myself than playing everyone else's mods though...
Exactly. Only the 1337est of the 1337 can 4ph0rd 3DS max. Have you seen anyone elses mods?