My (very simple) teamwork COOP project

Started by .:[LoC]:.Darth^Tater, December 13, 2006, 05:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.:[LoC]:.Darth^Tater

I just wanted to make a multi-room map with some AI so me and my friend could play together on his server. It isn't going to have any special SP stuff like path nodes, it will just have some AI pawns placed in the rooms. Once you defeat all the enemies in one room, a door opens to the next room.  I've already started it, but so far I only have all the rooms and the textures.

Any ideas?
In-game name: Genesis

Squad_Sammaron

ya, kk. first off, i can do pathnodes for ya if you want. second off, i can do scripted sequence. third off, how you gunna make open only after enemies are dead?
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

I don't know lol. But since you know all that good stuff, you wanna help me on this?

What do path nodes do anyway? Is it for AI enemies to follow or your squadmates to follow? Cuz if it's for AI squadmates, I don't need 'em. But scripted sezuences would be good.

Squad_Sammaron

its for any ai, squad or bot. pathnodes just make them walk here or there. send me beta if you need help.

Hybrid_Soldier196

Finally someone else is working on a COOP project!!! Im still working on mine but...its a load of work.

ok Squad i'll send you the map when I'm finished with what I'm doing, I might even make different versions of the level where you have squadmates.

When I send the map to you (i'll post here when I do), i'll also send you a sketch of where I want the pathnodes to go and what I want for sequences. Are you able to make a door open when all enemies are dead?

Squad_Sammaron

Quote from: "Mr. Smith"ok Squad i'll send you the map when I'm finished with what I'm doing, I might even make different versions of the level where you have squadmates.

When I send the map to you (i'll post here when I do), i'll also send you a sketch of where I want the pathnodes to go and what I want for sequences. Are you able to make a door open when all enemies are dead?
yea, um... squadmates won't obey you, they just won't shoot you :D second off, i might be able use scripted sequence, but i doubt it. doin that door thingy 'll be hard.

ok well i'll work it out somehow

Squad_Sammaron

kk you almost done wid map?

Yeah just gotta work out a few simple bugs.

EDIT: I'm done. I just need to make a sketch so you know where to put the pathnodes. What's ur email?

Hybrid_Soldier196

So are you guys almost done?

Squad_Sammaron

ok first off i don't have e-mail :D just put it up for DL, then ask for it to be taken off :D no one coud play wid it anyway :D

Spuz

found anything about the door out yet??? im kinda interested
My maps: ForestCorridor             Pizzaria
{MotR}Spuzzy{ZetVCom}

Commander Bly

Quote from: "Mr. Smith"Are you able to make a door open when all enemies are dead?
I'm just a noob, but would a timed trigger or a condition trigger be of any assistance here?

Meatshield

Set the tag of the bots in the room to the same thing, because when they die they trigger an event, so you can use a counter to count the number of bots, and trigger the door to open (see my AI_training map for a example) it's the room just after the first corridor
dl link
http://files.filefront.com/AI+Trainingz ... einfo.html
(it's meant to be played in SP mode but i tested this part in MP and it Still works so it should work for you :)