JD_factory

Started by JanDeis, October 22, 2007, 09:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanDeis

Sorry I don't have any screenies right now, but I'll try to get some off of my other computer.  (My internet computer is of course the one I'm on right now, my other computer has the map on it)  It is a single player mission where Delta-38 is dropped into a CIS droid factory (alone) and has to make his way through to the end.  There is no terrain (I don't know how to do that, and the tutorials didn't help) and you start in the top vent.  There are Trandoshan scav droids all through the vents.  I set the lighting in the vents to zero, forcing you to either turn on your low-light mode, or use your pistol to light the way (that has been fun through all my tests).  But the vents finally let you out on the base floor, where you are met by a couple of Trando mercs.  You will meet more trandos, battle droids, super battle droids, and one magnaguard at the end.  You will also see more scav droids as you sneak through the vents going into other rooms.  There will be barricades in the main hallway, forcing you to find another way around (or esle I would have a very short level!)

This is my first real map.  I have only followed other tutorials to make anything else.  (except for an alternate terrain option that I found using the bsp tool)  But this will be followed by JD_hangar, where 38 hopefully meets up with the rest of the squad.  I still haven't figured out completely how to work the rest of the squad.  And after that, JD_escape, where the squad has to escape the factory into the surrounding area (hopefully I know how I'll do terrain by then).

I'll try to get screens up soon.

JanDeis

Well nevermind.  My computer freaked out and forced me to reinstall Republic Commando.  I lost all my test maps and my PD_factory because I forgot to back them up.

*sob*

Now I am just working on my RC2 mod.

DooFi

afaik you dont need to backup custom maps, because they don't get deleted in a deinstallation

JanDeis

Well mine isn't on my computer anymore.  It was in the maps folder with the rest of the maps packaged with the game.  Whatever the case, it's gone.  Now I am messing with weapon mods for RC2 (I named mine Rouge Commando).

icepwn

you should have picked the "save maps and saves" (or whatever) button

JanDeis

I really wasn't thinking, + I was tired, + I just wanted to reinstall quickly so I could play again = goodbye map.  O well.  I did get the weapons properties thing down though!  On with RC II!!!

Inbl

Sorry...RC2?

JanDeis

Yeah, I'm working on a really big Republic Commando mod to expand the story into the Rise of the Empire era.  See my topic under RC Projects.