Killing Floor Vehicle Mod - Version 1001

Started by arramus, October 19, 2010, 08:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

For those members who aren't familiar with the Killing Floor Vehicle Mod here's an introduction of the features.

Killing Floor Vehicle Mod V.1001 Released
The Killing Floor Vehicle Mod is an expansion game type that enhances standard Killing Floor game play elements by adding a range of quality made and highly realistic vehicles that act as both your weapon and mode of transport. As part of the Zed clean up crew you will have a sophisticated and fun set of features at your disposal to aid you in your ultimate goal of ridding humanity of the horde.

Download from the moddb website here. There are 3 downloads available.

Version 1001 Manual Installation This is for server hosts and gamers who would rather not use a self executable file.
Version 1001 Automatic Installation This is a self executable installation for convenience.
Version 1001 Map Pack 1 This contains 15 maps for the Killing Floor Vehicle Mod.

It is also possible to join a server running the mod and download directly as you join. However, we recommend you download the files so that your can play in Solo mode.

Here is a list of features you can expect to see in the mod:

1. Multiple vehicles with specific strengths and weaknesses relative to their build.
(An army lorry, police riot van, ambulance, helicopter, police car, forklift truck, mini, taxi cab, wheelchair, and camper van)

2. 1st person and 3rd person display for inside and outside vehicle visuals.
(Zoom feature for passenger internal view for weapon accuracy)

3. A 'drag frag' system that rewards high speed collisions and penalises slow crawls.
(If you're driving fast enough you'll be awarded with an instant kill. If not, then the Zeds will either jump out of the way, destroy you and your vehicle, or die as you accelerate)

4. Fuel cans that can be purchased or possibly looted for refuelling and barbecuing.
(Fill up your vehicle with petrol or lay a trail on the ground and ignite it)

5. A mechanic's welding tool for on the spot repairs.
(Vehicles will take time to repair based on their health status. The welder shows the vehicles health as a percentage)

6. Highly responsive braking for rapid spinning turns.
(180 degree + high speed turns allow for a quick roadkill return in the opposite direction)

7. Vehicle share with passenger seating.
(Multiple passengers can join depending on the vehicle. Passengers will be armed and be able to shoot the incoming horde)

8. Land based and airbourne methods of transportation.
(Take to the air to support ground based vehicles)

9. Mounted user controlled vehicle weapons.
(Vehicles allow for armed passengers with a deadly array of weapons depending on vehicle and seat)

10. Vehicle damage and destruction relative to collisions and attacks.
(High impact collisions with other vehicles and props cause proportional vehicle damage. Zed attacks cause significant damage and being surrounded on a tight turn may result in sudden death)

11. Automatic or manual vehicle respawn features can be customised on a map per map basis.
(Random vehicle spawning allows each map to constantly provide different vehicles in different locations. Players will have no way of knowing what will be coming and where)

12. An abundance of custom and stock maps; both conversions and mod specific.
(High quality community made maps specific to the Vehicle Mod features and game mode)

13. Completely integrated with the Killing Floor SDK for community mapping.
(Mappers and modders will be able to adapt their creations simply through the Unreal Editor interface)

14. Destructible objects based on natural map features.
(Destructible fences, fueling pumps, tables, barrels, and anything else the mapper would like to add to a map. Zeds can manually destroy these objects should they be blocking their path)

zeix72

i think the mod is great but heres a few negative things i would like to point out. 1: probably shouldnt have integrated the map manor into this its too small of a map with square turns provides fail at litterally every turn. 2: i didnt like that forklifts blow up in water. i mean seriously???. 3: im not sure if you can but to me it seems you cant repair the helicopter.

and i noticed a parachute in one of the pictures, might i ask how does one use this?
That's a whole Bowlful of FAIL!!!