How do i add posters to a map (or just pics)

Started by speedycheese, June 23, 2010, 05:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedycheese

in some of sandcrawlers maps there are poster or pictures advetising the site.

i would like to put pictures on some of the walls on my map (not the whole wall, just in the center or somthing) like a banner that says speedycheese made this map.

so id like to do that with rc pictures and some of my own, please help

I hope release my first map soon!!!! :o !!!!! still trying to add music thoe :P
[size=150]Speedycheese[/size]             

Prepare For Hard Contact

pizzaboy314

you can make your poster by stretching it to a binary square size (128x128, 256x256, 512x512, etc) or you can just create a binary size square picture in photoshop or something. then you can just import it into the editor and put it by a wall by adding a sheet the size of the poster and messing with the scaling and panning of your texture until it fits.  :mrgreen:

what question did you have about music?
-PizzaBoy-

speedycheese

iv figured out how to put swrc pictures in. but it never imports my own pictures.(darn it) :evil:

and the music question...  i want to add music to a map im making. i dowloaded some star wars music from www.dockingbay101.com and would like to put a song in my map. i cant get swrc sounds to work because the battle music thing under level properties thing doesnt do the trick and i cant add to static mesh because my acter properties doesnt open up.

i also need the converter so that i can put my own dowloaded music on.

i also need to know how to scale static meshes. right click scale does nothing?

thanx for the help. (your map assault ship zone i very cool, i like how u have a battle going on outside.

Prepare For Hard Contact

pizzaboy314

what formar and size do you have your custom pictures in for importing?

sorry i don't know how to import music or sound or whether or not there is a converter. all i know is, even when I matched my import audio to the correct .wav specs, it never imported at all. :(
-PizzaBoy-

speedycheese

what formar and size do you have your custom pictures in for importing?

not shure what u meen. i just go to import then look in  mypictures and only wallpaper sized ones show up. even those dont import though.

Prepare For Hard Contact

pizzaboy314

are your pictures you wanna import in bitmap format?
-PizzaBoy-

speedycheese

hate to say it but i dont know what that is.

Prepare For Hard Contact

pizzaboy314

-PizzaBoy-

speedycheese

oh that. yes it does. they are regular pictures.

how do i scale static meshes , right click scale doesnt work.

Prepare For Hard Contact

pizzaboy314

if you take your .jpg picture, open it in some picture program, and save it as a bitmap picture (.bmp) you will be able to import it.

to scale a staticmesh, go to its properties, then Display, and either change the value under drawscale to something else to scale the whole thing, or go to drawscale 3D to scale individual dimensions.
-PizzaBoy-

pizzaboy314

oh and if you import a picture, i would change the package name to a new one, so you have your own package. and then save the package once you imported the picture.
-PizzaBoy-

speedycheese

Prepare For Hard Contact

pizzaboy314

have you seen my map assaultship zone yet? there are some star wars movie posters in there.
-PizzaBoy-

speedycheese

yes i have seen your map. as a matter of fact i have it. its pretty wicked awsome.

(sorry , but im having trouble changing my jpeg to bmp. in the pictures properties it say its jpeg but wont let me change it.

there were not any  pictures in your map. have u released a more updated version.
(i bet the pictures are now in those fuzzy untextured spots. labled 1 2 3 4 5 6.

Prepare For Hard Contact

speedycheese

i have succesfully changed my picture to .bmp   and it now shows up on the inport screen. but when i select the packadge i want to import it to (GUI content because its small) it doesnt show up  :cry:  frusterating sad face.

Prepare For Hard Contact