Star Wars Galaxy 3D

Started by DooFi, December 24, 2007, 11:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DooFi

(update May 1st 2008)

---------
(older stuff)

Star Wars Galaxy 3D is a project of a few German SW-enthusiasts (mainly Namek Kural, the programmer and "founder"), which will let everyone discover the galaxy of SW from an entirely new perspective. The programm will display planets of the the galaxy three-dimensionally and give you detailled information on them in one click.
Right now there is a Logo-Contest going on where everyone is invited to show off their 1337-Uber-SkillZ. The winning logo will be featured in the program itself, as well as on the website, where the top candidates will get a gallery, too.
Check out the website, which is available in English and German, and the forum, to which applies the same, here:
CLICK!

I'm just gonna copy this from the official website...
QuoteNow it is ready, as promised, I have now updated the "Downloads" area, where the program can now be downloaded.
Since it is still v0.2 it is a program in beta phase, errors may occur. If so, please tell me about them immediately, so I can correct them. A contact form can be found in the "Downloads" section.

The "Galaxy 3D" will, of course, be free to download, as this project is a fan-project, but I would be happy about donations via PayPal which you can do through the appropriate button in the Downloads section.

The program will initially be released only for Windows, as I don't get a Mac before spring next year. Until then I can only develop for the Windows platform.
As soon as I have the opportunity, I will, thanks to the Irrlicht engine, be able to port the program very quickly to the Mac platform.
To all Mac users: I will do my best! As soon as possible.

Here's a little starter course for navigating through the galaxy:
With the left mouse button you can rotate the camera around the currently selected planet.
With the middle mouse button (or if you have the right + left mouse button pressed), you can zoom by dragging left or right.
With the right mouse button you can move the camera view.

Try it out, it is not really difficult ;-)

NOTE: Most articles are not yet included, only included in German, or very brief. Same goes for textures. It is planned for the final version to have individual textures for each planet, if the performance won't suffer too much. A button to switch to hologram-view will then too be implemented. Please show a little understanding, because this is the first public release and only v0.2. Of course it is furthermore planned to include support for multiple languages, at least German and English, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to post it here^^

I hope I could popularize this great program a bit internationally, as until now, only a few German fans knew that it even existed...

Merry Christmas! :mrgreen:

JanDeis

Is this a game that sort of plays like Star Wars: Rebellion?  I have been looking for something like that.  I just didn't think to try a search in German...  But I really don't know what this is, and I don't want to download yet until I'm sure that it is something I want (and until I clean up my computer...).  Obviously you have downloaded it Doofi, so what is it?

DooFi

It's a galaxy map of the SW-Galaxy. Like a planet-encyclopedia.

JanDeis

Oh.  Ok.  I think I might download...

Sandcrawler

=O

That looks bitchen. Downloading it now =D
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

DooFi

(update May 1st 2008)

If anyone is still interested:

Genesis

That is a realy fun game, too bad you have to pay $15 for it. And it also sux that there are different galaxies within the game, and if your character is in one galaxy, and your friend is in another, you can't play together. Now I know that you could make another character, and join that galaxy. But what if that's your best character, you wouldn't want to let it go would you?

Now back to the topic, that's pretty cool. Too bad I don't have the game anymore :(

EDIT: And I think that probably would be laggy on most computers.

DooFi

errr... wut?

Sandcrawler

lol this isn't Star Wars Galaxy's, its a map of the galaxy in star wars. =P

If you play SWG on Chilastra look me up. send a mail to Iwizzorz.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Genesis

lol I thought we were talking about SWG here. And sorry Sandy, I stopped playing SWG a long time ago. I knew you played though, but I never had a character in that galaxy.