flamethrower (i finished :D)

Started by Squad_Sammaron, October 27, 2006, 07:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squad_Sammaron

whoop! in my coding tut (i cant post it because pics won't come up) i made a flame lobbin crosbow and i made a real flame thrower! once again, pic problem :D y can't you just cut/paste pics :D
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

explode

Could you just stick the tut up for DL?

Hybrid_Soldier196

Sweet! A flame thrower! Cool!
And a more serious note....to post a picture click on the "Img" button. You wil see something like this-------> appears after the URL.
So the final thing would look like
without the "1" space after the g in .jpg you will have the picture ready for all to see.
        -A Tutorial by Hybrid...... :lol:

{MotR}Weapon

Are you saying you made a flamethrower out of a bowcaster!?  :shock:  XD

Squad_Sammaron

sure did :D actually the bowcaster shoots flaming balls that blow up when the hit (no extra dmg) and the elite gun fires a ray of fire, but it looks pretty dang glitchy.

{MotR}Weapon

oh so there is no actual flame coming out?

Oh well, heck yes anyway! :D

Squad_Sammaron

lol no, a flame comes out, but it has to be mixed with the elite beam projectile, so it looks slightly glitchy. as to putting it for DL, i can't...the extension isn't allowed :D so here ill put it up, just look here for it.

Squad_Sammaron

Coding Tutorial: Default Properties
   Well now, first off, get this in your head: coding is pretty simple and straight forward, just extremely specific. All right, so first I think I’ll start off easy, right? Okay, this tutorial will:
   1. Teach you how to open default properties.
   2. Tell you where to get a default properties glossary(more or less)
   3. Tell you how to put it to use. :D
Right, okay, start off by opening UE. No need to open any maps. Now, create a brush, any at all. For this I’ll use a box. Just take whatever settings it has. Okay, here we go. Double click the box for a pop-up surprise! Say hi to those default properties. PICTURE
Wasn’t that easy? All right but this won’t do you any good! You don’t know what these things do! Well, not much to do with a box so let’s move on to something more useful. Open up the actor’s browser, and uncheck the ‘placeable only’ box. I wanna make a Flame-shootin’ Bowcaster. So scroll down and select Projectile>CTExplosives.. Double click Bowcasterproj in the Weapons category. Yay, more default properties! You may notice in this button ( PICTURE ) in the corner. This’ll bring the selected item’s properties too. All right. In the Bowcasterproj’s properties, you may notice some new options. That’s fine. That was done in the source code. Just forget it for now :D here’s a link to the people who made the engine: http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ActorVariables . Some of these options won’t be in yours, or some of yours won’t be in the tutorial. Don’t sweat it. Welp, I’m in the mood to make a flame shootin bowcaster. So to start things off, pop open the Projectile menu. This is what you need to change it too. PICTURE The ProjectileEffect option is the CTEffect (all in the particle systems browser). HitEffectsByMaterial is what happens when it hits a material (really?!). What’s left…? TEST TIME!YAY! All right, open up your level and… PICTURE YES! Pretty cool. That was easy!

//Edit: lol you disabled BBCode xD I changed the tags into URL-tags, so the pics dont cut the post in pieces ;), DooFi

Squad_Sammaron

ya, umm... do those look like pics too peeps? all i see is if i did it right, y can't i see the pics :(

{MotR}Weapon

So if you put these in a map and put the map up for download, would people be playing the map with modified bowcasters?

EDIT : Also I was wondering what idea you have next up your sleeve? (Lightning bolts coming out of snipers perhaps? :D )

explode

Before anyone tries anything, modding a weapon will make it to so you cannot play in MP

Could someone open up the Droideka Projectile and see what the HitEffectsByMaterial and the Projectile effect is? If you could just open the projectile sub group in the properties and take a screen shot

I have to say squad, very useful for people who wanna mod the whole game, but not great for mappers.....Do you know if there is a way to change the projectile for one particular map???

Delta_96[DeltaSquad]

i thnk we should redo all the weapon like the concussion rifle is a grenade launcher, etc.

Squad_Sammaron

first off, you should change the weapons back eventually. it doesnt let you play mp. a good way to do it though is to create a new class under the weapon. it will inherit all of the default properties from the parent class. then, you can change your new class, and still have the old one. i think that works. as to my next idea, i'm making a knife that blows you and your 'bud' up. havin some trouble making the explosion damage you too though... then i'm making a 'shock-em-to-death-semi-long-range-knife' thing.

Delta_96[DeltaSquad]

but MP would work if everybody uses the mod rught???

Squad_Sammaron

unfortunately, no, i dont think so. it simply wont allow you to join matches. it appears to not respond to doubleclicking it or pushin the join button. one solution, as i said, i think should work if you create a new class by pushing the add class button with the class you want it under selected. the new class is the EXACT same as its parent class, so if you just alter your new 'clone' class, i think MP should accept it as not having the original classes screwed with. here, try hostin an mp with the modded weapon. my comp can't host, so i dunno what'll happen if someone tries to join with the mod.