Exporting from UnrealEd

Started by JanDeis, December 21, 2007, 08:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanDeis

When I click a texture to export from UE, nothing happens when I hit open, or export (whatever the button says).  But, when I put a file extension (.bmp and .tga are the only ones that I have found that work so far) the file exports.  Does anyone know what other file extensions work?  Also, why does the file get all screwed up when I export them.  TGA gets all faded and BMP puts a blue or white shade behind everything.

DooFi

?!?! Import or Export?
I would recommend you to use tga-textures.

JanDeis

When I Export a texture from UE, the tga is all faded and bmp gives it funny colors.

I haven't tried importing yet.  I'm wanting to change the HUD icons.

Sh4rpSh00t3r

um, i believe the HUD icons are animations, unless you plan to just color the HUD itself. :S

JanDeis

Quote from: "Sh4rpSh00t3r"um, i believe the HUD icons are animations, unless you plan to just color the HUD itself. :S

No, I found the file, but I just can't seem to export the pic without screwing the quality up.  Under the Texture Browser it is in:

HUD Textures  -->  Icons  -->  Texture CloneVisorIcons

They aren't animations, they just cycle through different pictures, or move the picture around (like the objective direction ring further down the list on that screen).

Sh4rpSh00t3r

then just take a screen shot with the Prt Scrn button and put it in paint/photoshop and then select the texture and cut it into a new document, save it.

VodeAn

if i could get exporting to work it sure would be easier to bumpmap