need help modding and adding weapons to ai.

Started by speedycheese, June 15, 2010, 08:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedycheese

i am working on a mod i will call hard contact mod that makes the clones look like in the previews (chrome and identical to each other) and I got that far, but i need to change the HUD so 38s arms are chrome too (like the commando clean). I also need to know how to give weapons to ai in maps (trough acter properties or somthing) like a clone with a rocket launcher sort of thing.

by the way i still have the problem that wont let me oppen up acter properties. HElP :cry:

sorry for all the noobish questions.  :mrgreen:     I just love swrc
[size=150]Speedycheese[/size]             

Prepare For Hard Contact

Delrahn

To reskin 38's HudArms: Open the Texture Browser. In the drop down menu select:
HudArmsTextures>HudArms. There you will find a texture named HudArms. Just plain HudArms. And also a texture named HudArmsWhite_Shader. Rename that to HudArms.
I think that's how you do it.

The more complicated way is with GIMP. Take a screen shot of the HudArmsWhite_Shader. (alt+prt scr/sysrq) Paste it into gimp. Choose the selct tool and select the picture of the hudarmswhite_shader. Now scale it to 512x512. Copy it, and then create a new GIMP Picture, that is 512x512. Now click CTL+V.(Paste) Save the picture of the 512x512 HudArmsWhite_Shader as a .TGA(TarGa), and name it "HudArms" (without the quotes). Now go back to unrealed where you first took the picture of the HudArms. Click File>Import. Find you HudArms TGA, and click open. In the name thing, type HudArms if you haven't saved your picture with that name. Make the MIPS 2. Now click OK. If you have done this correctley, 38's HudArms should now be white/chrome. I hope I helped.

Sandcrawler covered changing AIs' weapons, //http://www.sandcrawler.net/forum/rcmod.php?page=tutorial-21

speedycheese

that was extremellly helpfull delrahn! :D    now i can make it oficial, (even though , all i did was recopy every file and mod it.

Prepare For Hard Contact

speedycheese

oops! :?    I tried that and nothing happend to the ingame hud arms. i also saved the packedge and tried it then but still nothing. was i supposed to change the original hud arms to somthing :?:

what is this GIMP will i already have it or do i need to dowload it.

after that how do I make my mod dowloadable with out puting my copy of the game with my key code out there!!!????

Prepare For Hard Contact

Delrahn

Quote from: "speedycheese"after that how do I make my mod dowloadable with out puting my copy of the game with my key code out there!!!????
I don't know ask Fraz or someone who has experience at modding. The only experience I have is 400,000xp and climing on Rainbow Six Vegas 2. :D
Quotewhat is this GIMP will i already have it or do i need to dowload it.
Again...Sandcrawler covered GIMP.
QuoteFree Design Software

The GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/faq.html

frazscotland

You want to reskin the boss hudarms for campaign or mp ? for SP the most totally easy way to do is to open textures and goto Hudarms textures select HudarmsWhite texture right clik EXPORT TO FILE it will save as HudArmsWhite so delete the "White" and save it as HudArms.bmp    make sure u add .bmp at end . ok so then u reimport it  File Import and name it HudArms replacing your existing hudarms but make sure u set the MIPS at 2 and the compression as DXT3  . then exit and save te updated texture file . thats the easiest way .. 8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

speedycheese

thanx u guys and lol delrahn (woot rainbow six)  not that iv played but it looks cool

Prepare For Hard Contact