[RC] Shadowlands

Started by Dark Lord, August 21, 2011, 08:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lord

name is pretty self explanatory, the map is the crash site of a troop transport ship in the middle of the shadowlands
also, im looking for ideas on how to make this map creepy and scary, this is meant to be everything that my malachor map was not (but was intended to be). so far i have signs of giant spiders and am also contemplating a dark side relic with trooper sacrifices and corrupted clones and fun stuff like that, but that part is just a consideration at this point (waiting to see if there are better ideas). therefore, please give any feedback and ideas that you might have

screenshots (from top left to bottom right) crash site, cave under the crashed ship, spider nest, one of the paths
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Tycon

Well for freakyness try the soundtracks from the early part aff the assault ship caampaign. hmmm...now that I think about it, why not borrow tons of ideas from there? I remember almost wetting my pants the first time i played that

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D

frazscotland

Darklord  nice to hear a new map . Hey i been experimenting with zombie AI props i made a set with 4 skins cloneadult zombies , clonenohelmet, troopernohelmet and cloneboy zombies stil workin on tweeking it but if your interested in using it sure . something along the lines of aprentice missions maybe .i think for to work in dm a map u have to make the AI teamindex 1.
normally its 5 for enemies in SP and clonelocals in MP are TI 2.
8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Dark Lord

at this point i am strongly considering that dark side relic thing, where clone troopers went and got corrupted. so far i have two problems:
one, i am trying to make a clone trooper who looks exactly like my others (camo) but has a glowing red visor. i have not really figured out self-illumination though, so all i have gotten is a solid black, shiny trooper with glowing red visor (which looks cool anyway, so i might go with that)
two, clients (in my experience) cannot see when an AI unit is wearing a custom skin, even if they have that texture

were i to fix the last problem, i would certainly create guardians around the relic. at this point the only thing i have in mind is dead bodies making it look like there were many struggles originating in the dark side cave

zombies would also be a interesting option, but with two problems:
one, do they actually behave like zombies? i dont know if you have noticed, but clone troopers dont exactly behave in a scary way lol
two, same client problem as above

as far as music is concerned, the assault ship i never personally found scary. however, i was always uncomfortable in the shadowlands in kotor. would anyone know how to put the music from there in RC?

frazscotland

Hmm i could have  a test makeup anim set for you to use. The Ai as root when its enemies tends to be TI 5 and republic is 2 . so i would makeup a new seperate pawn class like the zombies. A pal of mine JB has been experimenting with bots .He had clonetroopers and tmercs in MP but with more aggressiion attacks . In the new PAWNS he had aded the SPcommando animation link in to the MESHSET in the PAWN so they can run about  Normally the pawns dont show the animation set link in the pawn props . You can make new bot controller clases ive done it for the zombies i gave them way more strength 1000 and in the HIDDEN in the botcontroller class u have HOSTILE responses/stimuli this is what really controls the bots . for the zombies i alternated the entries between SR_run to, melle strike ,follow . I added in nu inventory in the Zombies.u the drone spit MP and Droneclaws_mp and modded the damages in there so it doesnt affect normal files.
Its still slightly buggy for the bots running sometimes but not bad . 8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Dark Lord

sounds good, i could send you a beta of the map and see what you can do if you wanted to work it that way. AI is one area of modding which like i have said i have had very little to do with...

if nothing works out well it doesnt really matter, everything being dead is kind of creepy and sithy as well lol

frazscotland

Isit just 1 type of clonetrooper u want and i can make it then u can put in different skins for it
to your own style . What should it be called also. "SithTrooper" ?
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Dark Lord

had two ideas, one of zombie clones and the other of ethereal beings (though for that i dont know which model i would use in the first place)
zombie is main thing, which you could aptly name zombietrooper or something. dont bother with ethereal unless you can think of something that fits wraithness :)

Tycon

Quote from: Dark Lord on August 27, 2011, 04:14:19 PM
something that fits wraithness :)

Maybe you do some graphics work, make a 2d picture of a ghost/wraith/spirit/ethereal being and then use the picture in a particle system. make'em transparent and stuff, then you got ghosts flitting through your map

Dark Lord

well i was referring more towards actual AI that would try to kill you, as there is a way to make units transparent, but the animations just wouldnt fit that well

Tycon

Maybe you do stuff like a weapon mod, where you edit the anims so the pawn is transparent, but is sorrounded with smoky/wraithy/creepy stuff

Dark Lord

here is the completed version, just a little late for Halloween is all, but you dont need that to play creepy maps anyway :)
http://umh.sandcrawler.net/index.php?page=downloads&command=view&id=233

Dark Lord

the last file that was uploaded was the wrong one, and i wound up losing the original intended map. after searching through tons of emails, and with some help from fraz, who had one of the old files, i was able to bring the map back to what was intended.

so here, finally, is the long overdue REAL shadowlands map
http://www.gamefront.com/files/23636254/Shadowlands.7z

ill get it here on the SC website whenever the download section is working again, but right now uploads are a bit glitchy

Dark Lord

there was an issue with the spawn points not working. if anyone just downloaded that last map, you will need this one instead.

i promise this one actually works this time  ::)
http://www.gamefront.com/files/23636658/Shadowlands.7z

Dark Lord