Respawn enemies in SP?

Started by RC-1266, January 01, 2008, 04:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RC-1266

Is it possible to make enemies respawn in SP?
In the tutorial from Arramus there are hints for dispensers, but i can't find a way to do the same with pawns like trandoshans and geonosians.

JanDeis

I thought the dispenser was just for show.  Then you just add spawn points where you want them to appear.

1upD

I think you have to use a 'pawn factory', basicly an invisible droid factory that builds whatever. I've thought about trying it before, but never got to.

RC-1266

but what do i have to do when i like trandos?
i can hardly make a trando-dispenser :wink:
besides, if  i could i still wouldnt cause the whole idea would s*ck  :?

JanDeis

Make hole somewhere, or a cave like in the Geonosian tunnels.  Just put the respawn around the corner, then have the Trandos run out of the cave.

RC-1266

but where can i find the spawnproperties in actors then?
in droiddispensers its quite easy, but pawns...i cant find them

1upD

When I restart my SP project(If I do) I might expirement with pawn factories.

RC-1266

ok
when do you restart, not just for me but im also interested in your RC2 mod (im interested in ALL RC2 mods lol :wink: )

1upD

Quote from: "RC-1266"ok
when do you restart, not just for me but im also interested in your RC2 mod (im interested in ALL RC2 mods lol :wink: )
?

I don't have an RC2 mod...Jan Deis does...

I was working on a rogue clones project, I kinda stopped it...Especially because of a glitch....

JanDeis

What was the glitch?  Was it something with the clones?

1upD

Quote from: "JanDeis"What was the glitch?  Was it something with the clones?
No...

I couldn't get a terminal hack event to work. It was supposed to open doors, which I made as movers.

RC-1266

ok

Tycon

You make AI respawn with a pawnfactory you add one to the map. first you doubleclick on it. go to Events, and change the tag to TrandoHorde1 or somethin like that. then you set up a trigger to make that event happen. then go to the factory's properties, and xpand Factory. set Capacity to a big number like 50. go to prototype set it to whoever you want. to make them run out, go to PatrolMode and change it to PM_Once. set PatrolPriority to .8 or.9 or 1. click on PatrolRoute. hit Add. in the new thing that comes up, you see a thing called Node. Single click on a pathnode in your map then go to Node, and hit Use.

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D