Duplicate parts of a map?

Started by RC-1266, December 14, 2007, 11:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RC-1266

Is there a way to duplicate a part of a map, and if so, how then? I'm busy on my first map, and the part thats finished, is the first level.
I hope I'm able to duplicate it cause it took me a lot of time, though it's not hard to make. :wink:

RC-1266

i meant "floor" or "story" when i used the word "level" :oops:
when it's finished my map has to contain 3 floors  :D [/quote]

Dagger

Select all the brushes and actors you want to duplicate (if the one level is all that your map consists of, then the 'select all' feature would help), then use the duplicate command (ctrl-w). Move the newly generated copy of everything to where you want it to go (check your alignment!) and de-select.

Also, you should try to vary the decor in additional levels, or use labels or some other method so the player knows what level they are on. With multiple levels that are perfectly identical, it could become confusing in a hurry.
Dagger - "The Professional"

Freelance Rifle Artist

"I bow to no one, and give service only for cause."
-Boba Fett

RC-1266

THANKS! now i wont have to make it all over again!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
(besides, how have you taken that screenie from your commando in the bottom of your message? i cant use "behindview" in multiplayer :wink: )

RC-1266

:oops: uhm...do you also know how to select brushes to "make the lines red" so you can edit the textures? :oops:

Dagger

If you want to edit a texture, you don't need to select the brush - just select the surface, and use F5 to open its properties (or right click on it and select Surface Properties).

The screens in my sig are from the ends of rounds, modified a bit.
Dagger - "The Professional"

Freelance Rifle Artist

"I bow to no one, and give service only for cause."
-Boba Fett

RC-1266

ok, thanks for the help