DM_FunRun - FINAL

Started by arramus, March 30, 2007, 10:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

This map is complete and can be found in the Downloads section.

I've always wanted to make a big wheel using movers but had trouble getting movers to rotate on a vertical plane. I went with adding individual movers for 7 cars instead. This'll have treetop runways and be on multi levels.

explode

hmm, I can get movers to rotate on a horizontal plane..
Did you try going to the properties and the to movement advanced and stuff, if you did you know what I'm talking about..
Anyway, the map looks very cool and fun!
Hope I'm able to play it soon  :lol:

arramus

Let's amend that to vertical plane.

Are you up and running again. I do hope so.

explode

I got a fan to rotate on a vertical plane...
I'll see if I can poop together a map real quick...

arramus

The upper level will have tree houses connected by hanging walkways. Access to the upper level will be by the big wheel or vertical movers.

DooFi

Quote from: "explode"I got a fan to rotate on a vertical plane...
I'll see if I can poop together a map real quick...
yea me too, but i can never remember which value out of pitc/yaw/roll is which axis xD :lol:  Wonder why they don't just call it XYZ...

explode

CLONECOMMANDER501

Hmm, hey arramus do you think I can have that tree house for my Kashyyyk beach map?

arramus

Try making something for yourself first.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Started adding a lot more detail now. Lots of foliage and forest flora.

Here's a look at the upper level. It links the two opposing tree houses together and runs all around the outside of the map.

arramus

Quote from: "explode"here, I made a little map for you (hehe!)

hehe. Looks great explode.

Dark Lord

looks like a pretty fun map i always enjoy kashyyyk night ones but ive never been good at much outside of the imperial/republic looking stuff
hope u put sound in this one, you get much more realism that way
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

arramus

That's a good idea and there are plenty of sound files for Kashyyyk type maps. I'll get some night creature sounds and see what else is available.

arramus

Added some legs to the wheel and a little more foliage to fill some gaps. There's a lower velocity set in a Physics Volume allowing for high jumps from the top platform to the bottom with reduced damage. This'll make for some interesting gameplay.

There are also a few triggered ambient sounds to give off some atmosphere. The volume function in the trigger script doesn't want to work so I've opted for some loud and quieter jungle stuff.

arramus

This map is complete and can be found in the Downloads section.