One sided Textures

Started by Delta_96[DeltaSquad], October 12, 2006, 08:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delta_96[DeltaSquad]

first of all hi all
i was wondering how can i make one sided textures i want to make a wall where on room can see through the wall of both rooms but the other room cannot see you

DooFi

i thought texes were singlesided by default?! If not, go to the textures properties and set "twoSided" to false ;)

Delta_96[DeltaSquad]

thats my problem i cnat set it to false for some reason
what i want to do is make a glass wall where you can see through on side but not through the other

explode

You could add a box the size of your window, then set one side to be the texture that you can't see through.  You can either set the side you want to see through to be glass texture, or to be invisible.

Remember don't screw with the retail textures, it may mess with MP

LOL, I was just thinking about this at school today while I was twidling my thumbs in band.....(The brass in our band suck!)

DooFi

but then you'd have spent way too many polys... I guess you cannot set twosided to false because its a glass-SHADER. Copy the shader AND all used textures into your mylevel folder. Then you have to type the new texes into the shader. Set twosided to false in the used textures.
I believe there is an easier way to get the desired effect, but i dont have UED opened rigth now, so i cant look it up, rofl xD

Delta_96[DeltaSquad]

i think ill just live with seeing both ways

.:[LoC]:.Darth^Tater

well what i do is add a cube, make one side glass, and the other not. Then you can see through one way and not the other.

Hope that helped
In-game name: Genesis