Servers

Started by reptile, July 01, 2010, 01:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reptile

How can I get a server that runs when I am not on it? Like ccp and seargant rocks server.
{RC}ŠËV{LÐR}

frazscotland

you need to rent a server space. I.E. pay money ..if you ask SANDCRAWLER he kan giv you good advice on best questions to ask when enquiring.. 8-)  its charged by the no of player slots. eg 4v4=8slot or 8v8 =16slot or 16v16 most (expensive) 32man. i dont know if it cheaper in europe than USA. probably not.
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Sandcrawler

Jest Servers

Is the best place to rent them from, Jest is a really cool guy, and will awnser any questions you have on Xfire or Steam chat instead of waiting for an email reply.

Its $2 a slot.

I don't know of EU prices, I know Jest has an EU server as well but I've never looked into it.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Jet

2$? For how long? Pherhaps I and the rest in my clan could donate to our leader so we can make an official server.^^ 2$ is nothing  :shock:  Other sites there you can get servers you have to pay 20 or 200.
I was Ralex. I have finaly got to know how to change name! The thing was that I didn't know how to change it. :S
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

Sandcrawler

its month based, but its $2 a slot. so a 20 slot server would be $40/month.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

leeroy

wow 64$ a month? thats a bit expensive thats like...64...128...172...236...300...364x2=1028$?!?!?!?!?!?!? wtf?
sombody please tell me what im doing wrong or if sombody just hates me i dont care if its just becuase you hate me for talking about other games and stuff but if i knew where to find the modding sites (were you MAKE the maps) then i wouldnt be only talking about games

Sandcrawler

32 slot servers are not supported by the game, so why rent one that big? (yes it will do it but the back of the box says max of 24)

Also its less than other hosts, art of warfare or w/e charges $6.50 per slot.

It also less than renting a full dedicated server (cost you 200+ a month) but with a full dedicated server you can host 20 or more game servers.

Also the reason renting from a place like Jest or some other place is better has to do with the fact that you server will be up and running 99.8% of the time. It has a constant 100 mb/sec internet connection so it will have a constant ping where localy hosted dedicated servers will spike.

leeroy

still over 1000$ a month i think tx uses there own servers with 20+ people in them
sombody please tell me what im doing wrong or if sombody just hates me i dont care if its just becuase you hate me for talking about other games and stuff but if i knew where to find the modding sites (were you MAKE the maps) then i wouldnt be only talking about games

Sandcrawler

Whats over a 1000$ a month? Even a 32 slot server isn't over $100 a month (its $64/month).

TX has thier own dedicated server in EU (I think) so thats the $200 or so setup I mention above. (they are cheaper in EU seen them for $120/month)

leeroy

sorry ment 1000$ a year

Sandcrawler

Actualy a 32 slot server for a year is only $768. (64x12)

A cell phone plan for a year (900minutes + 2gb of data) is $1020 and look at how many people have that? I've had a cell phone for years now. Just got an Iphone with data and texting.

The point being this is the cost of running a good server. $1 to $2 per slot, for most games more for some. Everytime you join a dedicated server the host is most likely paying that much. I just saw today that the TX server may be coming down.

Dedicated servers are never free.

leeroy

nice so then if the prices are going down then tx will host more games (hopfully with the no noob weapons mod)

Sandcrawler

I mean TX may be shutting down thier server, as in no longer there.

leeroy

Jet

What?? But they have the biggest server in the whole game! You think the noobs will stop playing or move on to another server with 32 slots? Is it even a server with 32 slots thats not TX? If it shuts down we will never be able to kill 300 people in one game again! D:
I was Ralex. I have finaly got to know how to change name! The thing was that I didn't know how to change it. :S
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave