Started by Omega 27 Elite, November 27, 2010, 08:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega 27 Elite

I am a man of many questions...

Tycon

just put the same thing for the event of the trigger and the tag of the script 

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D

Omega 27 Elite

ok i tried the voice thing and it worked this time!! yay anyway....
can you delete something that has a "null static reference" or whatever cause whenever that happens the item disappears from the map in unreal but its still there in the game. like say i put a battle droid somewhere and it didnt like it so it came up as null or whatever(idk what that is) how do i delete it?
also i know how to use teleporters i figured them out on my own, but how do you make it so that instead of just walking over it you have to do something first, say slice a computer(as in the computer trigger it to work)

Sandcrawler

In the Hidden section there will be a benabled=true, change that to false, then set up the trigger however and set the event to the same as the tag on the teleporter.

Other thing you could do is hide it behind a Mover/in its own room, and have the teleporter close the door after someones goes threw it.

Also don't forget to create multiple teleport exits for the same entry point if you intend the map to be used on multiplayer. Nothing is worse than dieing right after you go through a teleporter.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Omega 27 Elite

ok i havent created any maps that i want to use in multiplayer. but also im not exactly sure how to create a session or whatever with a map ive created.

Tycon

simple question- make your server(this requires you to know how to make a working server) and type in the cheat "open mapname"
if you saved your map as DM_MyFunThingie.ctm you type "open DM_MyFunThingie" but with no ""

Omega 27 Elite

by making a working server do you mean just going into the create a session or whatever its called and do it that way? cause if so ive done that before and done the open dm_map but i didnt know that it showed up on the server list once i went into my created map(hope that makes since O.o)

Tycon

thats not a mapping q its a server q it has nothing to do with the map(it won't work even if u use regular maps)

Omega 27 Elite

oh ok i get it. so no i dont know how to make a server. even though ive been playing the game for like 2 years i dont know a lot of things  :o

Tycon

lol me 2 i think u need to rent one (its like $2 a player slot an hour)

Omega 27 Elite

Tycon

ja... i think at least for the rented servers(they will stay up after u quit game like Sgt Rock's server) im not sure if the servers ou make yourself will work on internet

Omega 27 Elite

Sandcrawler

http://main.jestservers.com/

More than likely you'll need to email him about a Republic Commando server, but I know he'll host one. Tell him I sent you as well :p
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Omega 27 Elite

do i ask him about buying a server or just him hosting or whatever o.o