Download Section

Started by Sandcrawler, September 21, 2006, 01:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandcrawler

You can download all maps from here (or add your own maps):
http://www.sandcrawler.net/forum/rcmod.php?page=downloads

Part 1 - Adding Download
1. Before you do anything else you need to Log In, or Register.
2. Next lets get your files ready for upload, you will need to compress your map into one of the following formats: .png, .jpg, .gif, .zip, .rar, .7z I recommend that you just use .zip, in your Windows Explorer right click on your file, and click Send To > Compress (zipped) Folder. You may also wish to upload images, they will need to be .jpg, .png, or .gif.
3. Now make sure that you are still logged in, and navigate to the Killing Floor Downloads page. Now click on Upload at the top.
4. When you visit this page for the first time you will get a Directory created message, just refresh the page, or click on the supplied link. You will see you have a few options at the top, depending on how many files you have to upload you may want to use the Four File Upload (You don't have to use all four). Regardless of what form you decide to use simply browse to the files you prepares and push the upload button. It will look like its not doing anything but I assure you that it is, just give it a few minutes depending on your file size, and upload speed.
5. Once you have your files upload click on the Add a Download at the top to return to the Downloads section. You will see a form to fill out, and that it already shows the Files you uploaded. Go ahead and fill this out and push submit. Then click on View Your Download Page, to get the link to provide. That is all there is to it. *I have to add your name to the main page before you show up. So don't worry if your not on it, you map is still in the database. I check and add names to the list several times daily.*

Part 2 - Updating a Download
1. Before you can update your map you will need to be logged in.
2. Now go back to the Downloads page, and find your map. While on your download page you will see a - Update under the Map Name, click on it to be taken to the Update page.
3. You will see a form that looks a lot like the Add form, except your current data will already be loaded in. You can change the everything that you had to enter into the Add form. Make you changes and push submit and your file will be updated instantly.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Sandcrawler

I have began working on some changes to the download section, starting with simplely removing the duplicates, then I will be downloading and repackaging all of  the downloads into .exe files, and having them all work the same way mine do. Tehn when I get those changes done, or at the same time I'm changing that I am hoping to be making a new download section, with four picture, and the download link, as well as the link to the completed map topic for coments.

So I ask anyone who is finishing maps still when you email me to have it added please include 4 screen shots of your favorite view of the map.

If anyone has time and doesn't mind helping I could use screen shots for all of the maps.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

hunt ankou

:cry:  whenever i try to download the creation it says NOT FOUND. what do i do?

Sandcrawler

I'm not sure, when you go to that page it just makes  apretty low tech list of links to the files. Should have any problems. But in any case, I have something new in the works, just finishing it up then it should be ready in about 2 weeks.

hunt ankou

ok thanks for telling me ;)

Forge

I have the 1st and 2nd map pack but some of the maps dont work..
-islet
-007temple
-mustafar
-Deck17
-Lockout
-Pumping station
None of them work
007temple did until today when i was playin on the sandcrawler.net server.
Please help me

Dark Clone Volo

a xfire friend tell me there is a DC map in the mappack2 o_O

is it true ?  :geek:
<i>ID --> Xfire  = v0l0  --> Msn = http://darkclone.servegame.org/

Jerithan

I Would like a download section plz... or w.e u call them :P

Lim23

Any maps with AI on it? cause I saw some german maps but I have no idea what it means  :lol: